Department of the Army announces upcoming 101st Combat Aviation Brigade deployment
By U.S. Army Public AffairsMay 22, 2018
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the summer 2018 deployment to Afghanistan of the 101st Combat Aviation Brigade, 101st Airborne Division stationed at Fort Campbell, Kentucky.
The 101st Combat Aviation Brigade (CAB) will replace the 3rd Combat Aviation Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division, as part of a regular rotation of forces to support Operation Freedom's Sentinel.
"Command Sgt. Maj. Thomas and I are humbled to serve alongside these incredible men and women. The deployment will be a challenge. However, we do not doubt that our soldiers are ready." said Col. Craig Alia, the 101st CAB commander.
"We have been training for over a year to out think, out will and outfight the enemy. That's exactly what we are going to do," said Command Sgt. Maj. Reginald Thomas, the 101st CAB command sergeant major.
For more information contact the 101st Combat Aviation Brigade public affairs officer, Capt. Kris Sibbaluca, email@example.com, by phone at 270-412-4776.
- August 1, 2018Aviation Center Logistics Command welcomes new commander
- July 30, 2018Aviation enterprise developing future leaders
- July 27, 2018Aviation Industry Day targets increased lethality
- July 26, 2018Fort Campbell to host 101st and RHC-A Best Medic Competition
- July 23, 2018Vannoy leads international aviation project office
- July 20, 2018404th ASB conducts readiness training at Hohenfels
- July 19, 2018Patient celebrates his 101st birthday with Tripler Army Medical Center
- July 19, 2018You Call, We Haul: Army Reserve Watercraft Operators
- July 17, 2018AMCOM Special Operations aviation leader honored with Presidential Rank award
- July 12, 2018Secretary of the Army's visit to the 101st, Fort Campbell
- July 11, 2018Tactical-level innovation
- July 10, 2018Helton visits 16th CAB Raptor Resilliency Center
- July 10, 201816th CAB hosts Red-Tailed Hawks Youth Flying Club
- July 10, 2018Training fosters resiliency across 4th CAB
- June 29, 2018Brigadier General Thomas H. Todd, III