Department of the Army announces upcoming 101st Combat Aviation Brigade deployment
By U.S. Army Public AffairsMay 22, 2018
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the summer 2018 deployment to Afghanistan of the 101st Combat Aviation Brigade, 101st Airborne Division stationed at Fort Campbell, Kentucky.
The 101st Combat Aviation Brigade (CAB) will replace the 3rd Combat Aviation Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division, as part of a regular rotation of forces to support Operation Freedom's Sentinel.
"Command Sgt. Maj. Thomas and I are humbled to serve alongside these incredible men and women. The deployment will be a challenge. However, we do not doubt that our soldiers are ready." said Col. Craig Alia, the 101st CAB commander.
"We have been training for over a year to out think, out will and outfight the enemy. That's exactly what we are going to do," said Command Sgt. Maj. Reginald Thomas, the 101st CAB command sergeant major.
For more information contact the 101st Combat Aviation Brigade public affairs officer, Capt. Kris Sibbaluca, email@example.com, by phone at 270-412-4776.
- September 28, 2018AMCOM employees participate in Ready Day
- September 24, 2018Aviation Branch CSM shares 'top 10' recommended reading list for leaders
- September 21, 2018Screaming Eagle Soldiers Take on the "Schutzenschnur" in Bagram, Afghanistan
- September 19, 2018Indiana National Guard departs for North Carolina to support Hurricane Florence relief
- September 14, 2018Students complete eight-week STEM program at the RDECOM Aviation & Missile Center
- September 10, 2018Army conducts first operational test of UH--60V Black Hawk helicopter digital cockpit
- September 7, 2018Army improving integrated training environment for aviators
- September 6, 20182 CAB Soldier meets CS gas
- September 6, 20182 CAB Soldiers meet CS gas
- September 6, 2018Aviation enterprise sharing ideas at FACE Technical Interchange Meeting
- September 6, 2018Frasier assumes management of aviation systems
- September 4, 2018101st Resolute Support Sustainment Brigade farewells Sliwinski, welcomes Barton
- August 31, 20182 CAB Soldiers Conquer CBRN
- August 29, 2018449TH CAB RELINQUISHES AUTHORITY OF OPERATION INHERENT RESOLVE
- August 27, 2018Aviation engineer takes journey into retirement
- August 22, 2018WTB, 101st Soldiers, families enjoy USO Warrior Week