Department of the Army announces upcoming 101st Combat Aviation Brigade deployment
By U.S. Army Public AffairsMay 22, 2018
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the summer 2018 deployment to Afghanistan of the 101st Combat Aviation Brigade, 101st Airborne Division stationed at Fort Campbell, Kentucky.
The 101st Combat Aviation Brigade (CAB) will replace the 3rd Combat Aviation Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division, as part of a regular rotation of forces to support Operation Freedom's Sentinel.
"Command Sgt. Maj. Thomas and I are humbled to serve alongside these incredible men and women. The deployment will be a challenge. However, we do not doubt that our soldiers are ready." said Col. Craig Alia, the 101st CAB commander.
"We have been training for over a year to out think, out will and outfight the enemy. That's exactly what we are going to do," said Command Sgt. Maj. Reginald Thomas, the 101st CAB command sergeant major.
For more information contact the 101st Combat Aviation Brigade public affairs officer, Capt. Kris Sibbaluca, email@example.com, by phone at 270-412-4776.
- June 6, 2018449th Combat Aviation Brigade runs with the bulls
- June 5, 2018WINGS OF DESTINY: Culminating leadership exercise builds team, unit pride
- June 5, 2018101ST AIRBORNE DIVISION BAND: Screaming Eagle musicians support division field exercise
- June 4, 2018101st plays 'game that never happened', commemorates Greatest Generation
- June 3, 20181st Battalion, 25th Aviation Regiment cases colors for Korea rotation
- June 1, 2018Ansbach community celebrates Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month
- May 29, 2018101st Division's Red Knights hone air assault artillery capabilities with 'fight tonight' mentality
- May 26, 2018Army Aviation Soldier of the Year
- May 24, 2018101st Airborne Division celebrates its 2018 Day of the Eagles
- May 24, 2018PEO Aviation dining out "An Evening Under the Stars"
- May 24, 2018PEO Aviation Strategic Plan
- May 24, 201812th CAB in Poland for 56th Airbase Anniversary
- May 23, 2018Army Aviation safety perspective given at summit
- May 18, 2018Army First Sergeant's Long Road to Freedom
- May 16, 2018101st Airborne remains ready, lethal for any fight with artillery training