Department of the Army announces 3rd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division deploy
By Army Public AffairsDecember 8, 2016
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the deployment of 3rd Armored Brigade Combat Team (ABCT), 1st Cavalry Division, stationed in Fort Hood, Texas, with approximately 3,800 soldiers, to Kuwait this winter in support of combatant commander mission requirements.
"Our nation's Army continues to call on the 1st Cavalry Division to serve across the globe. The latest to be called is our 3rd ABCT," said Maj. Gen. John C. Thomson, 1st Cavalry Division commander. "Greywolf troopers have demonstrated a high level of proficiency with rigorous home-station training and a successful National Training Center rotation in October. They are prepared to execute their assigned mission for Central Command."
For more information contact the 1st Cavalry Division public affairs officer, Maj. John Miller, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 254-287-9398.
- March 10, 2019APS-5 Armored Brigade Combat Team equipment set returns to 401st Army Field Support Brigade
- March 8, 2019Support from New York, Iron Eagles welcome new deputy commander
- March 8, 2019CGSC student steps in to provide first aid after shooting
- March 7, 20191st TSC Deploys EECP to Fort Campbell
- March 7, 2019Diehard engineers have a blast building confidence with explosives
- March 5, 2019Fighting First Soldiers celebrate 20 years of NATO with Polish
- March 4, 2019'Dagger' brigade Soldiers perfect surface-to-air defense skills
- February 28, 20191st Inf. Div. to team with British division for validation exercise
- February 28, 2019Patton's granddaughter revisits father's time as armor commander
- February 21, 2019"Thunder Run" hero receives the nation's second highest award for valor
- February 20, 2019AFSBn-Mannheim streamlines issue, turn-in procedures
- February 19, 2019Bulldogs engage in battle-focused medical training
- February 14, 2019Always Ready
- February 11, 2019Warhorse Remembers; 10 year anniversary of Soldiers killed
- February 11, 2019Greywolf completes NTC rotation