Department of the Army announces 3rd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division deploy
By Army Public AffairsDecember 8, 2016
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the deployment of 3rd Armored Brigade Combat Team (ABCT), 1st Cavalry Division, stationed in Fort Hood, Texas, with approximately 3,800 soldiers, to Kuwait this winter in support of combatant commander mission requirements.
"Our nation's Army continues to call on the 1st Cavalry Division to serve across the globe. The latest to be called is our 3rd ABCT," said Maj. Gen. John C. Thomson, 1st Cavalry Division commander. "Greywolf troopers have demonstrated a high level of proficiency with rigorous home-station training and a successful National Training Center rotation in October. They are prepared to execute their assigned mission for Central Command."
For more information contact the 1st Cavalry Division public affairs officer, Maj. John Miller, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 254-287-9398.
- November 5, 2019Resolute Support Sustainment Brigade transfers authority to 1st Armored Division
- November 5, 2019Dallas Cowboys host baby shower
- November 4, 2019Third Time Is a Charm - Twin Brothers Deploy Together Again
- November 1, 201930th ABCT provides armored vehicles in fight against ISIS
- October 31, 2019Lancer Brigade Kicks Off Expert Soldier Badge and Expert Infantry Badge
- October 28, 201930th ABCT reunites with equipment in Kuwait
- October 28, 201930th Armored Brigade Combat Team reunites with equipment in Kuwait
- October 28, 2019Big Red One Soldiers load up after successful deployment
- October 23, 20192-1 CD Convoy Marks the Fifth Iteration
- October 21, 2019Regulars Battalion masters the fundamentals during squad live fire exercises
- October 21, 2019At-the-halt network prototypes increase mobility, computing power
- October 21, 20196-9 Cav. Maintenance team supports gunnery tables
- October 21, 2019215 BSB builds teamwork with a spur ride
- October 17, 2019Modern Weapons: Newly fielded M17s used at ranges
- October 17, 2019Clearing a Path
- October 6, 2019Greywolf increases readiness with focused maintenance program