Department of the Army announces 3rd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division deploy
By Army Public AffairsDecember 8, 2016
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the deployment of 3rd Armored Brigade Combat Team (ABCT), 1st Cavalry Division, stationed in Fort Hood, Texas, with approximately 3,800 soldiers, to Kuwait this winter in support of combatant commander mission requirements.
"Our nation's Army continues to call on the 1st Cavalry Division to serve across the globe. The latest to be called is our 3rd ABCT," said Maj. Gen. John C. Thomson, 1st Cavalry Division commander. "Greywolf troopers have demonstrated a high level of proficiency with rigorous home-station training and a successful National Training Center rotation in October. They are prepared to execute their assigned mission for Central Command."
For more information contact the 1st Cavalry Division public affairs officer, Maj. John Miller, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 254-287-9398.
- April 3, 2018Spartans Armor Up
- April 3, 2018Umbrella Week Allows Soldiers to Share Lessons Learned
- March 31, 2018Army trains with Baltic partners in rapid-assemble exercise, strengthens NATO partnerships
- March 29, 2018Discovering the First Biomarker for Brain Injury
- March 29, 2018Infantrymen at CALFEX
- March 29, 2018Raider Brigade in Korea
- March 28, 2018Camp Humphreys to host first annual Passover Seder
- March 28, 2018Div. East commander visits Fort Bliss ahead of 155 ABCT validation exercise
- March 27, 2018MG Ronald "Ron" P. Clark
- March 26, 2018Greywolf Announces Sullivan Cup Team
- March 23, 2018'Demon' brigade fields improved Apache helicopters
- March 22, 2018Third edition of Health of the Force report released
- March 22, 201896th TC transports tanks to Fort Bliss
- March 21, 2018'Iron Rangers' take the field
- March 20, 2018Ghost Battalion to Train with Total Force Partners
- March 19, 2018504th's Imagery Analysts serve as combat multipliers at NTC