Department of the Army announces 3rd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division deploy
By Army Public AffairsDecember 8, 2016
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the deployment of 3rd Armored Brigade Combat Team (ABCT), 1st Cavalry Division, stationed in Fort Hood, Texas, with approximately 3,800 soldiers, to Kuwait this winter in support of combatant commander mission requirements.
"Our nation's Army continues to call on the 1st Cavalry Division to serve across the globe. The latest to be called is our 3rd ABCT," said Maj. Gen. John C. Thomson, 1st Cavalry Division commander. "Greywolf troopers have demonstrated a high level of proficiency with rigorous home-station training and a successful National Training Center rotation in October. They are prepared to execute their assigned mission for Central Command."
For more information contact the 1st Cavalry Division public affairs officer, Maj. John Miller, at email@example.com, or by phone at 254-287-9398.
- August 19, 2019Snipers brave harsh conditions, challenges during competition
- August 17, 2019Burt's Knights Conduct Combined Arms Live-Fire Exercises
- August 17, 20191/4 Cav Engages in Combined Resolve XII
- August 16, 2019Army announces upcoming 2nd BCT, 1st Cavalry Division unit rotation
- August 14, 2019Maj. Gen. Xavier T. Brunson
- August 12, 2019Mounted Rifleman host traditional Ceremony
- August 12, 20191-4 CAV Bradleys prepare for multinational exercise
- August 8, 2019By the book: Greywolf Brigade conducts Sergeant's Time Training
- August 5, 2019Walking blood bank can save lives on the battlefield
- August 1, 20191st Eng. Soldiers Learn the Ropes of a Sling Load
- July 26, 2019Hellcat Company conducts a change of command
- July 24, 2019Army fields first Armored BCT with high-capacity network systems
- July 16, 2019Spouse Spur rides foster relationships, SFRG involvement
- July 16, 2019Volunteering builds community; connection