Department of the Army announces 3rd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division deploy
By Army Public AffairsDecember 8, 2016
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the deployment of 3rd Armored Brigade Combat Team (ABCT), 1st Cavalry Division, stationed in Fort Hood, Texas, with approximately 3,800 soldiers, to Kuwait this winter in support of combatant commander mission requirements.
"Our nation's Army continues to call on the 1st Cavalry Division to serve across the globe. The latest to be called is our 3rd ABCT," said Maj. Gen. John C. Thomson, 1st Cavalry Division commander. "Greywolf troopers have demonstrated a high level of proficiency with rigorous home-station training and a successful National Training Center rotation in October. They are prepared to execute their assigned mission for Central Command."
For more information contact the 1st Cavalry Division public affairs officer, Maj. John Miller, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 254-287-9398.
- September 17, 2018US Army Soldiers continue hurricane response operations in North and South Carolina
- September 17, 2018Preparing for future battlefields: The Next Generation Combat Vehicle
- September 17, 2018Army CID warns Army community of disaster fraud schemes, scams
- September 17, 2018Family, faith spur Soldier toward higher goals
- September 16, 2018US Army continues Hurricane Florence response efforts
- September 17, 2018Forum to focus on what Army leaders know about Families
- August 9, 2018Army researchers develop software to ensure that if a military robot falls, it can get itself up
- September 17, 2018A time of emergency means it's time to serve for this South Carolina National Guardsman
- September 13, 2018Cross-functional teams already producing results, says Futures Command general
- September 13, 2018While deployed in Kuwait, Soldiers get their daily fix of functional fitness