Department of the Army announces 1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division deployment
By Army Public AffairsDecember 8, 2016
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the deployment of 1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division, stationed in Fort Bliss, Texas, with approximately 1,500 soldiers to Afghanistan this winter. This deployment is part of a regular rotation of forces in support of Operation Freedom's Sentinel.
"The Ready First Brigade is well-trained, well-led and fully prepared for the challenges this mission will bring," said Maj. Gen. Pat White, commanding general of 1st Armored Division and Fort Bliss. "The brigade proved itself a disciplined and lethal force during a rigorous training program, and I am confident they will accomplish their mission in stellar fashion."
For more information contact the 1st Armored Division and Fort Bliss public affairs officer, Lt. Col. Craig S. Childs at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 915-744-8406.
- November 5, 2019Resolute Support Sustainment Brigade transfers authority to 1st Armored Division
- November 3, 2019Military enthusiasts watches as French tanks roll into German Town
- November 1, 201930th ABCT provides armored vehicles in fight against ISIS
- November 1, 20191st Infantry Division first to field new night vision equipment
- October 28, 201930th Armored Brigade Combat Team reunites with equipment in Kuwait
- October 28, 2019100 year old sentinel returns to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- October 28, 2019Big Red One Soldiers load up after successful deployment
- October 26, 2019U.S. Army Reserve Firefighters Cool Autumn Flames
- October 24, 2019Regulars Battalion masters the fundamentals during squad live-fire exercise
- October 24, 2019Iron Supporter receives El Paso County Commissioner's Award
- October 23, 20192-1 CD Convoy Marks the Fifth Iteration
- October 21, 2019Regulars Battalion masters the fundamentals during squad live fire exercises
- October 21, 2019At-the-halt network prototypes increase mobility, computing power
- October 21, 2019215 BSB builds teamwork with a spur ride
- October 18, 2019'Durable Brigade' gears up to return to Fort Riley after long deployment
- October 17, 2019Modern Weapons: Newly fielded M17s used at ranges