Department of the Army announces 1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division deployment
By Army Public AffairsDecember 8, 2016
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the deployment of 1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division, stationed in Fort Bliss, Texas, with approximately 1,500 soldiers to Afghanistan this winter. This deployment is part of a regular rotation of forces in support of Operation Freedom's Sentinel.
"The Ready First Brigade is well-trained, well-led and fully prepared for the challenges this mission will bring," said Maj. Gen. Pat White, commanding general of 1st Armored Division and Fort Bliss. "The brigade proved itself a disciplined and lethal force during a rigorous training program, and I am confident they will accomplish their mission in stellar fashion."
For more information contact the 1st Armored Division and Fort Bliss public affairs officer, Lt. Col. Craig S. Childs at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 915-744-8406.
- March 12, 20191-1 CAV Vietnam Veterans connect with current Iron Soldiers during Fort Bliss visit
- March 12, 2019Sgt. 1st Class Joseph Fontenot: Leading the charge
- March 12, 2019Soldiers learn cutting-edge features on first shipment of JLTVs
- March 11, 20191-37 AR Iron Soldiers conduct platoon live fire exercises
- March 11, 20192nd Squadron, 1st Cavalry Regiment commemorates a successful deployment
- March 10, 2019APS-5 Armored Brigade Combat Team equipment set returns to 401st Army Field Support Brigade
- March 7, 20191st TSC Deploys EECP to Fort Campbell
- March 7, 2019RIA senior leader meets Redstone Arsenal Detachment for first time
- March 7, 2019Diehard Engineers have a blast building confidence with explosives
- March 5, 2019Fighting First Soldiers celebrate 20 years of NATO with Polish
- February 28, 2019Patton's granddaughter revisits father's time as armor commander
- February 27, 2019NCO Spotlight - Sgt. 1st Class Linda Hermesmeyer
- February 27, 2019The first African-American president, a Soldier and the journeys from their birth countries
- February 13, 2019Army modernizing electronic warfare capabilities