Department of the Army announces 1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division deployment
By Army Public AffairsDecember 8, 2016
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the deployment of 1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division, stationed in Fort Bliss, Texas, with approximately 1,500 soldiers to Afghanistan this winter. This deployment is part of a regular rotation of forces in support of Operation Freedom's Sentinel.
"The Ready First Brigade is well-trained, well-led and fully prepared for the challenges this mission will bring," said Maj. Gen. Pat White, commanding general of 1st Armored Division and Fort Bliss. "The brigade proved itself a disciplined and lethal force during a rigorous training program, and I am confident they will accomplish their mission in stellar fashion."
For more information contact the 1st Armored Division and Fort Bliss public affairs officer, Lt. Col. Craig S. Childs at email@example.com, or by phone at 915-744-8406.
- November 8, 20183-81st Armored Regiment hosts inaugural food drive to Battle Buddy Resource Center
- November 7, 20181st Cavalry Division puts a Shadow in the sky
- November 5, 2018Last network integration evaluation will inform Army network design
- November 2, 2018Neb., Texas Guard form unique color guard for Czech parade
- October 29, 2018Task Force Bulldog volunteers receive accolades for service
- October 23, 2018Greywolf Down Under; Team from Fort Benning conducts dense urban training
- October 23, 20181st Armored Division brigade assumes 2ID rotation mission
- October 22, 2018'Bulldog' brigade arrives to the Republic of Korea
- October 18, 2018Department of the Army announces upcoming 1st Armored Division Combat Aviation Brigade unit rotation
- September 20, 2018Fort Bliss-based 1st Stryker Brigade Combat Team to be converted to an Armored Brigade