Department of the Army announces 1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division deployment
By Army Public AffairsDecember 8, 2016
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the deployment of 1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division, stationed in Fort Bliss, Texas, with approximately 1,500 soldiers to Afghanistan this winter. This deployment is part of a regular rotation of forces in support of Operation Freedom's Sentinel.
"The Ready First Brigade is well-trained, well-led and fully prepared for the challenges this mission will bring," said Maj. Gen. Pat White, commanding general of 1st Armored Division and Fort Bliss. "The brigade proved itself a disciplined and lethal force during a rigorous training program, and I am confident they will accomplish their mission in stellar fashion."
For more information contact the 1st Armored Division and Fort Bliss public affairs officer, Lt. Col. Craig S. Childs at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 915-744-8406.
- September 18, 2018Greywolf conducts Company STX
- September 18, 2018Greywolf Engineers conduct obstacle reduction training
- September 17, 2018Army materiel enterprise, industrial base surge to rebuild 'golden HETs'
- September 13, 2018Bulldog Brigade Infantry train to standard
- September 11, 2018Beaver Battalion Reduces Obstacles
- September 10, 2018Greywolf tests Army's first Electronic Warfare Tactical Vehicle
- September 7, 2018Fort Bliss WTB CSM relinquishes responsibility, retires
- September 7, 2018AMIOP shifting culture, stigma at Fort Bliss
- September 6, 20181st Cavalry armor, engineers bring the boom at Atlantic Resolve live fire exercise
- September 5, 20181st Armored Division celebrates its legacy during Torch Week
- August 29, 2018First Army helps mobilize Guard for Poland
- August 24, 2018Bulldog Brigade charges through Torch Week
- August 16, 2018Rediscovering Fort Knox: Fort Knox celebrates first-ever Armored Conference with full fanfare one ye