Department of the Army announces 1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division deployment
By Army Public AffairsDecember 8, 2016
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the deployment of 1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division, stationed in Fort Bliss, Texas, with approximately 1,500 soldiers to Afghanistan this winter. This deployment is part of a regular rotation of forces in support of Operation Freedom's Sentinel.
"The Ready First Brigade is well-trained, well-led and fully prepared for the challenges this mission will bring," said Maj. Gen. Pat White, commanding general of 1st Armored Division and Fort Bliss. "The brigade proved itself a disciplined and lethal force during a rigorous training program, and I am confident they will accomplish their mission in stellar fashion."
For more information contact the 1st Armored Division and Fort Bliss public affairs officer, Lt. Col. Craig S. Childs at email@example.com, or by phone at 915-744-8406.
- September 13, 20191st Armored Division NIA Chapter Hosts Awards Ceremony
- September 13, 201910 BEB Soldier excels in tasks, gunnery skills
- September 12, 2019Defender Battalion Sharpens Skills on Direct Fire Range
- September 12, 2019Mass casualty exercise prepares combat medics from multiple units
- September 12, 2019North Carolina National Guard medics train to save lives
- September 12, 2019410th CSB returns home from deployment
- September 12, 2019National Guard combat medics maintain skills, techniques
- September 12, 2019From Deployment to Retirement: Sgt. 1st Class Phillip E. Bell
- September 12, 201930th Armored Brigade Combat Team conducts driver training to expand flexibility
- September 12, 2019Illinois Guard hone their skills with 5th Armored Brigade
- September 12, 2019Combined Resolve XII: 1st ID brings air and ground firepower
- September 12, 201930th Armored Brigade Combat Team uses step approach to training
- September 12, 2019Snipers brave harsh conditions, challenges during competition
- September 12, 2019Command teams gain understanding through SHARP forum