Department of the Army announces 1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division deployment
By Army Public AffairsDecember 8, 2016
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the deployment of 1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division, stationed in Fort Bliss, Texas, with approximately 1,500 soldiers to Afghanistan this winter. This deployment is part of a regular rotation of forces in support of Operation Freedom's Sentinel.
"The Ready First Brigade is well-trained, well-led and fully prepared for the challenges this mission will bring," said Maj. Gen. Pat White, commanding general of 1st Armored Division and Fort Bliss. "The brigade proved itself a disciplined and lethal force during a rigorous training program, and I am confident they will accomplish their mission in stellar fashion."
For more information contact the 1st Armored Division and Fort Bliss public affairs officer, Lt. Col. Craig S. Childs at email@example.com, or by phone at 915-744-8406.
- April 4, 20181-30th Inf., Dragon Company color casing
- April 4, 2018Spartans train on the M2 .50 cal
- April 4, 2018Thornsbury Challenge 2017
- April 4, 2018First Spartan Master Gunners graduate in preparation for ABCT conversion
- April 3, 2018Umbrella Week Allows Soldiers to Share Lessons Learned
- April 3, 2018Panther Brigade Honors First Mass-Tactical Parachute Operation
- April 3, 2018U.S. Army Europe's first FRST equipped for future field trauma care
- April 2, 201814 Soldiers achieve coveted badge during BAMC's first EFMB challenge
- March 31, 2018Army trains with Baltic partners in rapid-assemble exercise, strengthens NATO partnerships
- March 30, 2018AKNG officer becomes first woman to serve as missile defense crew director at Fort Greely
- March 29, 2018Top Guns: Army Green Berets take first place in international Special Operations sniper competition
- March 29, 2018Discovering the First Biomarker for Brain Injury
- March 29, 2018Infantrymen at CALFEX
- March 29, 2018Raider Brigade in Korea
- March 28, 2018Camp Humphreys to host first annual Passover Seder
- March 28, 2018Div. East commander visits Fort Bliss ahead of 155 ABCT validation exercise