Department of the Army announces 1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division deployment
By Army Public AffairsDecember 8, 2016
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the deployment of 1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division, stationed in Fort Bliss, Texas, with approximately 1,500 soldiers to Afghanistan this winter. This deployment is part of a regular rotation of forces in support of Operation Freedom's Sentinel.
"The Ready First Brigade is well-trained, well-led and fully prepared for the challenges this mission will bring," said Maj. Gen. Pat White, commanding general of 1st Armored Division and Fort Bliss. "The brigade proved itself a disciplined and lethal force during a rigorous training program, and I am confident they will accomplish their mission in stellar fashion."
For more information contact the 1st Armored Division and Fort Bliss public affairs officer, Lt. Col. Craig S. Childs at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 915-744-8406.
- July 6, 20183-8 CAV Tests Readiness
- July 6, 2018Greywolf Continues Total Force Support through Summer Training
- July 6, 2018215th Tests new base defense tactics
- July 3, 2018USARCENT Holds First Cyber Stand-down
- June 29, 2018FORSCOM Frontline - June 29, 2018
- June 29, 2018Raider Best Medic
- June 28, 2018Soldiers, civilians complete WBAMC GME programs
- June 28, 2018Aerial and ground medical training improves combat readiness
- June 28, 2018First-Ever 2ID/RUCD Battle Staff Course
- June 28, 2018Command post modernization vision - first, make it mobile
- June 27, 20183rd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division goes to the National Training Center
- June 27, 20181st Lt. Mourns Soldier
- June 26, 2018First Army works with Guard unit to help build readiness
- June 26, 2018Put the enterprise first in talent management
- June 22, 2018Gauntlet training event concludes with live-fire exercise
- June 22, 2018Aerial medical training improves combat readiness during Gauntlet exercise