Department of the Army announces upcoming 3rd BCT, 82nd Airborne Division, unit rotation
By U.S. Army Public AffairsMarch 29, 2019
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the summer 2019 rotation to Afghanistan of the 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division, stationed at Fort Bragg, North Carolina.
The 3rd Brigade Combat Team will replace the 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division, as part of a regular rotation of forces in support of Operation Freedom's Sentinel.
"Our great paratroopers are honored to answer our nation's call to deploy overseas," said Col. Art Sellers, commander of the 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division. "We stand eager and ready to work alongside our Afghan and coalition partners toward mission success in support of Operation Freedom's Sentinel."
For more information, contact the 82nd Airborne Division public affairs officer, Maj. Thomas Cieslak, firstname.lastname@example.org, 910-432-3275.
- October 1, 2019First Army Commander visits Gold Star Mothers at Chicagoland luncheon
- October 1, 20193rd Cavalry Regiment readies for National Training Center rotation
- September 30, 20193rd ID celebrates Hispanic heritage within military
- September 26, 2019Operation Parched Eagle: 227th Composite Supply Company supply water to Fort Campbell
- September 24, 2019U.S. Army 3rd Recruiting Brigade Training Forum prepares Leadership Teams for FY20 Success
- September 18, 2019Battalion Commanders Discuss Field Artillery Live Fire Operations
- September 18, 2019Battery commander explains safety operations during live fire exercise
- September 17, 2019Army Cyber Partners with Unified Land Operations for Saber Junction 2019
- September 12, 2019XVIII Airborne Celebrates 75 years with Morning PT
- September 12, 2019Communication, planning key to successful port operations
- September 12, 2019Greywolf Platoon STX
- September 12, 20191st Special Forces Group (Airborne) Soldier dies from wounds sustained in combat
- September 12, 2019West Point football games used to recruit eligible Soldiers for prior-service program
- September 12, 2019Gen. Garrett Visits 3rd ID