Department of the Army announces 16th Combat Aviation Brigade, 7th Infantry Division deployment
By Army Public AffairsDecember 8, 2016
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the deployment of
16th Combat Aviation Brigade, 7th Infantry Division, stationed in Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington, with approximately 800 soldiers to Afghanistan this winter. This deployment is part of a regular rotation of forces in support of Operation Freedom's Sentinel.
"The soldiers of the Raptor Brigade have worked very hard to build readiness over the last year, and I am extremely confident in their ability to accomplish our upcoming mission," Col. William A. Ryan, 16th Combat Aviation Brigade commander. "We employ some of the Army's most advanced aviation technology, but it is our tremendous team of Army professionals that will ensure mission success."
For more information contact 7th Infantry Division public affairs officer, Lt. Col. Fredrick Williams, at email@example.com, or by phone at 253-477-5746.
- April 12, 2019'Trash Cop' helps keeps JBLM safe
- April 11, 20191st Engineer Aviators take flight with UAVs
- April 10, 2019Aviation, Missile Center hosts Women's History Month observance
- April 10, 2019Breaking the stigma -- Hollywood star shares his story about male sexual abuse
- April 5, 2019Volunteer fair highlights weeklong National Volunteer Week on JBLM
- April 5, 2019From farm to flying: Aviation, Missile Center bids leader farewell after illustrious career
- April 4, 2019Lt. Col. Witherell Takes Command of Legion
- April 4, 2019Nutrition for your bone health
- April 1, 2019New Army command post vehicles being developed to counter modern threats
- April 1, 2019La. Guard aviators deliver late Christmas gifts, fight erosion
- March 29, 2019JBLM Civilian Hall of Fame inducts its 25th member
- March 28, 2019AFC commander visits Aviation, Missile Center
- March 28, 2019Stewart wins final ACOE gold
- March 27, 20193-16 reactivates Troops M, N, P, Company D, realigning several courses
- March 22, 2019I-5/Thorne Lane interchange construction kicks into high gear
- March 22, 2019593rd ESC's support to the Army's retention mission