Department of the Army announces 16th Combat Aviation Brigade, 7th Infantry Division deployment
By Army Public AffairsDecember 8, 2016
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the deployment of
16th Combat Aviation Brigade, 7th Infantry Division, stationed in Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington, with approximately 800 soldiers to Afghanistan this winter. This deployment is part of a regular rotation of forces in support of Operation Freedom's Sentinel.
"The soldiers of the Raptor Brigade have worked very hard to build readiness over the last year, and I am extremely confident in their ability to accomplish our upcoming mission," Col. William A. Ryan, 16th Combat Aviation Brigade commander. "We employ some of the Army's most advanced aviation technology, but it is our tremendous team of Army professionals that will ensure mission success."
For more information contact 7th Infantry Division public affairs officer, Lt. Col. Fredrick Williams, at email@example.com, or by phone at 253-477-5746.
- June 21, 2019Monterey-based Soldiers celebrate Army birthday, cut cake, dance
- June 18, 2019Aviation, Missile Center employee inducted into NextFlex Fellowship
- June 18, 2019Aviation, Missile Center employees place in state skeet shooting championship
- June 12, 2019Army aviation leader becomes two-star general
- June 12, 20197th ATC hosts Change of Command
- June 11, 2019CSM Michael Grinston selected as 16th Sergeant Major of the Army
- June 10, 2019U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Command welcome new commander
- June 5, 20192-158th AHB takes part in helocast training over American Lake
- June 3, 2019Alaska Army National Guard aviation prepares for future operations
- May 31, 2019Aviation fleet getting improved turbine engine
- May 29, 201916th Cavalry Brigade Combat Team arrives at the National Training Center
- May 16, 2019Garrison, 16th SB partner to increase post office hours