Department of the Army announces 16th Combat Aviation Brigade, 7th Infantry Division deployment
By Army Public AffairsDecember 8, 2016
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the deployment of
16th Combat Aviation Brigade, 7th Infantry Division, stationed in Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington, with approximately 800 soldiers to Afghanistan this winter. This deployment is part of a regular rotation of forces in support of Operation Freedom's Sentinel.
"The soldiers of the Raptor Brigade have worked very hard to build readiness over the last year, and I am extremely confident in their ability to accomplish our upcoming mission," Col. William A. Ryan, 16th Combat Aviation Brigade commander. "We employ some of the Army's most advanced aviation technology, but it is our tremendous team of Army professionals that will ensure mission success."
For more information contact 7th Infantry Division public affairs officer, Lt. Col. Fredrick Williams, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 253-477-5746.
- October 16, 2018Concert celebrates 2ID base tenure, never-ending friendship
- October 15, 201838th Infantry Division rocks Warfighter exercise
- October 12, 2018FORSCOM Frontline - Oct. 12, 2018
- October 10, 2018Fort Knox team finishes seventh at 2018 Army Ten-Miler
- October 5, 2018JBLM Army Ten Miler team heads to Washington, D.C.
- October 5, 2018First Americans graduate German army infantry combatives course
- October 4, 2018Warriors run for hope
- October 1, 2018W. Va. National Guard trains with multi-national forces
- October 1, 20181st Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division October Newsletter
- October 1, 2018U.S. and Indian armies complete exercise Yudh Abhyas 18
- September 28, 2018Leadership solidified through heritage 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne)
- September 26, 2018Stryker modification testing improves 2nd Infantry Division Soldier readiness