Department of the Army announces 16th Combat Aviation Brigade, 7th Infantry Division deployment
By Army Public AffairsDecember 8, 2016
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the deployment of
16th Combat Aviation Brigade, 7th Infantry Division, stationed in Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington, with approximately 800 soldiers to Afghanistan this winter. This deployment is part of a regular rotation of forces in support of Operation Freedom's Sentinel.
"The soldiers of the Raptor Brigade have worked very hard to build readiness over the last year, and I am extremely confident in their ability to accomplish our upcoming mission," Col. William A. Ryan, 16th Combat Aviation Brigade commander. "We employ some of the Army's most advanced aviation technology, but it is our tremendous team of Army professionals that will ensure mission success."
For more information contact 7th Infantry Division public affairs officer, Lt. Col. Fredrick Williams, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 253-477-5746.
- January 8, 2020Army Reserve Air Traffic Services Company redeploys from USCENTCOM mission
- January 6, 2020New Training Helps Arctic Soldiers Forge Stronger Connections
- January 2, 20202020's first baby at Madigan
- December 31, 2019NY National Guard's 42nd Division blooded in battle 75 years ago
- December 30, 2019Maj. Gen. LeMaster, Command Sgt. Maj. Charpentier relinquish command and responsibility of RHC-P
- December 23, 20197th Special Forces Group (Airborne) Soldier Dies in Afghanistan
- December 17, 2019'Good Neighbor' policy voluntarily limits weekend range training
- December 15, 2019101st Soldiers share personal ties to Battle of the Bulge
- December 13, 201925ID TLW19 Official Review
- December 13, 201925th Infantry Division
- December 13, 2019University of Hawaii Football Military Appreciation Game
- December 13, 201925th CAB 20 Helicopter Air Assault