Department of the Army announces 1st Armored Division deployment
By U.S. Army Public AffairsAugust 30, 2017
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the fall 2017 deployment of approximately 3,500 soldiers from the 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division, stationed at Fort Bliss, Texas, to Kuwait.
As part of the regular rotation of forces, the 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team will replace the 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division and support combatant commander mission requirements for Operation Spartan Shield.
"The 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team, Iron Brigade, has undergone some of the most intensive and realistic training the 1st Armored Division has to offer, and its leaders have forged a ready team," said Maj. Gen. Pat White, 1st Armored Division and Fort Bliss commanding general. "This force is fully prepared and ready to take over their new mission in support of Operation Spartan Shield."
For more information contact the 1st Armored Division and Fort Bliss deputy public affairs officer, Maj. Joshua Camara, firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 915-744-8406/8492.
- March 12, 20191-1 CAV Vietnam Veterans connect with current Iron Soldiers during Fort Bliss visit
- March 12, 2019Sgt. 1st Class Joseph Fontenot: Leading the charge
- March 12, 2019Soldiers learn cutting-edge features on first shipment of JLTVs
- March 11, 20191-37 AR Iron Soldiers conduct platoon live fire exercises
- March 11, 20192nd Squadron, 1st Cavalry Regiment commemorates a successful deployment
- March 10, 2019APS-5 Armored Brigade Combat Team equipment set returns to 401st Army Field Support Brigade
- March 8, 2019Combat veteran rushes to provide first aid to shooting victims
- March 7, 2019Diehard Engineers have a blast building confidence with explosives
- March 5, 2019Fighting First Soldiers celebrate 20 years of NATO with Polish
- March 4, 2019'Dagger' brigade Soldiers perfect surface-to-air defense skills
- February 28, 2019Patton's granddaughter revisits father's time as armor commander
- February 27, 2019Hard work pays off for Iron Soldier earning a direct commission
- February 21, 2019"Thunder Run" hero receives the nation's second highest award for valor
- February 13, 2019Army modernizing electronic warfare capabilities