Department of the Army announces 1st Armored Division deployment
By U.S. Army Public AffairsAugust 30, 2017
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the fall 2017 deployment of approximately 3,500 soldiers from the 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division, stationed at Fort Bliss, Texas, to Kuwait.
As part of the regular rotation of forces, the 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team will replace the 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division and support combatant commander mission requirements for Operation Spartan Shield.
"The 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team, Iron Brigade, has undergone some of the most intensive and realistic training the 1st Armored Division has to offer, and its leaders have forged a ready team," said Maj. Gen. Pat White, 1st Armored Division and Fort Bliss commanding general. "This force is fully prepared and ready to take over their new mission in support of Operation Spartan Shield."
For more information contact the 1st Armored Division and Fort Bliss deputy public affairs officer, Maj. Joshua Camara, firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 915-744-8406/8492.
- November 1, 201930th ABCT provides armored vehicles in fight against ISIS
- November 1, 20191st Infantry Division first to field new night vision equipment
- October 31, 20192nd Lt. Barton Sets His Sights on Lancer Brigade's Expert Soldier Badge
- October 31, 20192nd Lt. Chavez Takes On Lancer Brigade's Expert Infantry Badge
- October 31, 2019Lancer Brigade Kicks Off Expert Soldier Badge and Expert Infantry Badge
- October 28, 2019Big Red One Soldiers load up after successful deployment
- October 26, 2019U.S. Army Reserve Firefighters Cool Autumn Flames
- October 24, 2019Regulars Battalion masters the fundamentals during squad live-fire exercise
- October 24, 2019Iron Supporter receives El Paso County Commissioner's Award
- October 23, 20192-1 CD Convoy Marks the Fifth Iteration
- October 21, 2019Today in MI history: Provisional CEWI battalion established at Fort Hood
- October 21, 2019Regulars Battalion masters the fundamentals during squad live fire exercises
- October 21, 2019At-the-halt network prototypes increase mobility, computing power
- October 21, 20196-9 Cav. Maintenance team supports gunnery tables
- October 21, 2019215 BSB builds teamwork with a spur ride
- October 17, 2019Modern Weapons: Newly fielded M17s used at ranges