1st BCT Soldiers receive warm welcome home
By Staff Sgt. Grant Matthes (1st BCT, 10th MD)May 5, 2016
Friends, family and loved ones gathered at Fort Drum's Magrath Gym May 2 and patiently awaited the arrival of approximately 120 1st Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (LI) Soldiers after a nine-month deployment to Iraq and Kuwait in support of Operation Inherent Resolve.
During the deployment the Brigade was responsible for advising and assisting Iraqi Security Forces.
"Soldiers of the Warrior Bride, congratulations on another deployment, and job well done," said Brig. Gen Paul Bontrager, acting senior commander of the 10th MTN DIV (LI) and Fort Drum. "On behalf of Fort Drum, 10th Mountain Division, your Army and a grateful Nation, welcome home."
- December 7, 2017Fort Drum community kicks off holiday season
- November 30, 2017Soldiers attending All-Army ice hockey trial camp learn about 10th Mountain Division history
- November 30, 2017Division deputy commander receives first star
- November 30, 2017Fort Drum leaders seek to improve communications with Family Members
- November 29, 2017Soldier-athletes arrive at Fort Drum for All-Army ice hockey trial camp
- November 22, 20172nd Brigade Combat Team Soldiers conduct combined arms live-fire exercise
- November 21, 2017Vigilant Shield exercise brings Fort Drum Soldiers to Fort McCoy
- November 21, 2017Vigilant Shield exercise prepares Soldiers' domestic response readiness
- November 15, 201710th Combat Aviation Brigade returns from successful rotation in Europe
- November 13, 2017Commando Soldiers reflect on historic 10th Mountain deployment to Iraq's 'Triangle of Death'
- November 6, 2017925th CBN recognizes past contingency contracting officer
- November 6, 201710th Mountain Division takes the fight to New Mexico in Vigilant Shield exercise
- October 26, 2017Shot in the dark: 1st Brigade Combat Team commemorates first round fired during World War I
- October 26, 2017Around the world, 10th Combat Aviation Brigade Soldiers run as one team