Greywolf Brigade cases colors for Korea rotation
By Capt. Scott Kuhn (1st CAV)June 10, 2019
The 3rd Armored Brigade Combat Team, "Greywolf," 1st Cavalry Division, along with its seven battalions, cased its colors Thursday, June 6 signaling the deployment of the brigade for a nine-month rotation to South Korea."A year ago, we had a vision to be a lethal, ready and resilient brigade, prepared for deployment on short notice to anywhere in the world to fight and win," said Col. Kevin Capra, commander of the Greywolf Brigade during remarks at the ceremony. "After a year that saw us shoot three Gunneries, conduct numerous platoon through battalion Situational Training Exercises, a brigade external evaluation, two Combined Arms Live Fire Exercises, an extremely successful NTC rotation, and through it all maintaining our equipment at the highest standards expected of the Army, I can confidently report that we are."Greywolf will replace 3rd Brigade, 1st Armored Division as part of a normal rotation of forces to South Korea in support of the 2nd Infantry Division and the Republic of Korea Army's defense of the peninsula. Nearly 4,000 Troopers from 3rd Brigade along with a large majority of their equipment will deploy beginning this month."This is an incredible opportunity that we are excited about," said Capra. "We will represent the first cavalry division and the United States of America proudly."The rotation will consist of training alongside Korean allies as well as opportunities for the Soldiers to learn about the Korean culture and continue to build a strong partnership.
- June 26, 2020First of the Army’s newest Soldiers trained under controlled monitoring model to graduate basic training
- June 26, 2020Bayonet Brigade welcomes new commander
- June 23, 2020COVID-19 Response Highlighted at Change of Command for Army's Medical Materiel Center-Korea
- June 22, 2020Greywolf Brigade Changes Command
- June 22, 2020Army releases results of Fall 2019 housing surveys
- June 19, 2020BG Smith takes helm of Trans Corps with ‘be bold’ leadership philosophy
- June 19, 20204SFAB Rotation 20-08 Led the Army into Collective Training!
- June 19, 20203rd Squadron, 89th Cavalry Regiment trains and fields new gear
- June 16, 2020Air Force, Army work together to save life
- June 16, 2020Fort Drum’s Warrior Transition Unit re-designates, reflags as Soldier Recovery Unit
- June 15, 2020Humphreys recreation centers welcome all
- June 12, 2020Army colors make nonstop 24-hour trek at Stuttgart garrison
- May 27, 2020U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Far East District, completes construction of 3rd generation hardened aircraft shelters at Kunsan Air Base