Deployed Unit Shares Frontline Tales from Afghanistan on Army Strong Stories
By Mr. Jerrod Resweber (USAAC)April 19, 2011
In a Soldier blogging project spearheaded by U.S. Army Accessions Command, a group of deployed Soldiers from the 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division are sharing their deployment experiences while stationed in the Khowst and Paktya provinces of Afghanistan on Army Strong Stories - the U.S. Army's premiere blog where every Soldier is invited to blog about their day-to-day life in the military.
This group of deployed Soldiers has posted written and video stories about life at FOB Salerno, workout routines and entertainment as well as posts featuring video from the inside of a Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicle and a touching tribute to a fallen Soldier. Bloggers have also provided first-hand accounts of the Army's involvement in training the Afghan National Army and advancing Afghan women's rights by attending an all-female community meeting and observing a local International Women's Day celebration.
The deployed blogger campaign is just one example of how USAAC is actively using Army Strong Stories to facilitate authentic and transparent conversations that can help educate potential recruits about serious issues like deployment, while also encouraging deployed Soldiers to stay connected with supporters back home.
Follow the 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division throughout their deployment at http://armystrongstories.com/tag/31-ibct. Every Soldier, cadet, veteran and Army supporter is encouraged and welcome to sign up to tell their story at http://www.armystrongstories.com/tell-your-story.
- April 3, 2020MICC contracts support Seattle’s CenturyLink medical transformation
- April 2, 202092nd EN BN Introduces New ACFT Field to Fort Stewart
- March 27, 2020Soldiers conduct Army’s new marksmanship qualification
- March 27, 2020Commissaries in a war zone
- March 27, 2020Army leaders detail efforts against Coronavirus
- March 25, 2020Field and Air Defense Artilleries Are Not the Same
- March 22, 20203rd Infantry Division vs. COVID-19: addressing the facts
- March 16, 2020U.S. Army authorizes combat patch for service in Somalia
- March 12, 2020Dagger brigade assumes 2nd Infantry Division rotational mission
- March 12, 2020Chatham Co. JROTC cadets take a tour for their futures
- March 12, 2020Greywolf returns home from 9-month Korean rotation
- March 12, 2020Mitchell returns to Red River for command visit
- March 11, 2020Missiles 101 informs most deployed formation
- March 9, 2020Joint exercise sharpens contracting skills
- March 4, 2020Father and son complete Norwegian Foot March together while deployed