U.S. Army 3rd Recruiting Brigade Training Forum prepares Leadership Teams for FY20 Success
By Audrey HillSeptember 24, 2019
FORT KNOX, KY -- U.S. Army 3rd Recruiting Brigade hosted a three-day training forum for battalion and company leadership teams here Sept. 20-22.The forum was designed to prepare them to establish a way ahead for successful support of the Army's fiscal 2020 recruiting goal.During the training, which consisted of team building events, round-robin discussions, and leadership development exercises, company leadership teams received the tools and guidance needed to execute the mission and be successful in fiscal 2020."This was my Christmas present," said Col. Eric Lopez, brigade commander, 3rd Recruiting Brigade. "All year long I've looked forward to bringing together the entire command team to learn and build on working as a team.""We covered a large range of topics across the spectrum of recruiting operations," said Maj. Phillip Turner, operations officer, 3rd Recruiting Brigade. "The brigade commander issued his training guidance and challenged the organization to win each week. Teams shared lessons learned, discussed challenges and opportunities, and took time to reflect on their leadership style."One of the team-building events was a "Boat Wars" competition. Battalions were challenged to build a boat and oar utilizing nothing but three sheets of cardboard, three rolls of duct tape and a box cutter. The battalion commanders then had to board the boat and race to the other side of a pool. Chicago Recruiting Battalion designed the winning boat, taking first place."This was a great training event that each battalion and company leadership team will benefit from as we move toward winning FY20," Lopez said.
- July 3, 2020America’s Pacific Division hosts National Hiring Days event
- July 2, 2020Walker pins on third star, becomes AMC deputy commander
- July 2, 2020Carnage Battery aims low with Excalibur round
- July 2, 2020Buffalo medics train Soldiers on combat casualty care
- July 2, 2020Virtual recruiting event eyes diverse talent
- July 1, 2020Raider Retention; Mission Accomplished
- July 1, 2020The MEDCoE hosts soldier forum to promote Army National Hiring Days
- June 30, 2020U.S. Army aims to hire 10,000 new Soldiers during three-day event
- June 29, 2020Army recruiters pushing more into digital world
- June 26, 2020Army Hiring Days: Wiesbaden ‘super recruiters’ match people across Europe with careers
- June 24, 2020All Army personnel, veterans asked to be recruiters next week
- June 23, 2020MG Jeffery Broadwater wants you to join the best teams on the planet, the #FIRSTTEAM and the Army Team!
- June 22, 2020Greywolf Brigade Changes Command