Department of the Army announces 3rd Infantry Division deployment
By U.S Army Public AffairsAugust 30, 2017
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the fall 2017 deployment of the 3rd Combat Aviation Brigade and 3rd Sustainment Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division, stationed at Fort Stewart, Georgia, to Afghanistan.
As part of the regular rotation of forces, the 3rd Combat Aviation Brigade will replace the 16th Combat Aviation Brigade, 7th Infantry Division and 3rd Sustainment Brigade, will replace 1st Sustainment Brigade, 1st Armored Division to support Operation Freedom's Sentinel.
"Our soldiers in the 3rd Infantry Division Combat Aviation Brigade and the 3rd Sustainment Brigade have completed tough and realistic training to assume their missions in Afghanistan," said Maj. Gen. Leopoldo Quintas Jr. "I am confident in the abilities of our Dogface soldiers and I am eager for them to join us in Afghanistan for Operation Resolute Support."
For more information contact Lt. Col. Nina Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 703-697-5662.
- July 5, 2019Aviation, missile commander addresses workforce
- July 3, 2019165th Infantry Brigade welcomes new commander
- July 1, 2019Panther Brigade Cases Colors
- July 1, 2019U.S. Army Special Operations Soldier dies in Afghanistan
- June 28, 2019Soldiers earn valor awards for heroic actions in Afghanistan
- June 28, 2019Capt. Christopher C. Palumbo awarded Distinguished Service Cross for heroics in Afghanistan
- June 27, 2019New leadership at 3rd Chem: Dual ceremony welcomes new command team
- June 27, 2019Community celebrate Independence Day, July 3, 4
- June 27, 201910th Special Forces Group (Airborne) Soldier killed in Afghanistan
- June 26, 2019Advisors from 3rd SFAB exercise effective tactical teamwork skills
- June 24, 20191st Brigade Armored Combat Team Bids Farewell to Their Commander and Welcomes Another.
- June 24, 2019Greatest generation meets latest generation
- June 23, 2019ASG-A range officer lauded for service in Afghanistan
- June 17, 2019Contracting official leaves a legacy in Afghanistan
- June 15, 2019ASG employee, Robert Lovejoy, recognized for service in Afghanistan