Department of the Army announces 3rd Infantry Division deployment
By U.S Army Public AffairsAugust 30, 2017
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the fall 2017 deployment of the 3rd Combat Aviation Brigade and 3rd Sustainment Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division, stationed at Fort Stewart, Georgia, to Afghanistan.
As part of the regular rotation of forces, the 3rd Combat Aviation Brigade will replace the 16th Combat Aviation Brigade, 7th Infantry Division and 3rd Sustainment Brigade, will replace 1st Sustainment Brigade, 1st Armored Division to support Operation Freedom's Sentinel.
"Our soldiers in the 3rd Infantry Division Combat Aviation Brigade and the 3rd Sustainment Brigade have completed tough and realistic training to assume their missions in Afghanistan," said Maj. Gen. Leopoldo Quintas Jr. "I am confident in the abilities of our Dogface soldiers and I am eager for them to join us in Afghanistan for Operation Resolute Support."
For more information contact Lt. Col. Nina Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 703-697-5662.
- November 15, 2019Five Key Imperatives to the 3rd CR's Success at NTC
- November 14, 2019Marne Week celebrates history, legacy with Family fun, friendly competition
- November 13, 20192nd Lt. Chavez Earns 'True Blue' EIB
- November 13, 2019Lancer Brigade's EIB and ESB Testing Comes to a Close
- November 13, 2019219 Lancer Soldiers Prove Expert Proficiency
- November 12, 2019Marne Focus tests Raider Brigade's warfighting functions
- November 12, 2019New Crane gives lift to aviation maintenance efforts
- November 6, 20191st CAB TOA to 3rd CAB
- November 5, 2019Resolute Support Sustainment Brigade transfers authority to 1st Armored Division
- November 4, 2019Army rotational aviation forces transfer authority for Atlantic Resolve
- October 28, 2019100 year old sentinel returns to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- October 25, 2019BOOM! 92nd Engineer Battalion begins training cycle with a bang
- October 25, 20193rd ID CG shares information regarding accident