Department of the Army announces 3rd Infantry Division deployment
By U.S Army Public AffairsAugust 30, 2017
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the fall 2017 deployment of the 3rd Combat Aviation Brigade and 3rd Sustainment Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division, stationed at Fort Stewart, Georgia, to Afghanistan.
As part of the regular rotation of forces, the 3rd Combat Aviation Brigade will replace the 16th Combat Aviation Brigade, 7th Infantry Division and 3rd Sustainment Brigade, will replace 1st Sustainment Brigade, 1st Armored Division to support Operation Freedom's Sentinel.
"Our soldiers in the 3rd Infantry Division Combat Aviation Brigade and the 3rd Sustainment Brigade have completed tough and realistic training to assume their missions in Afghanistan," said Maj. Gen. Leopoldo Quintas Jr. "I am confident in the abilities of our Dogface soldiers and I am eager for them to join us in Afghanistan for Operation Resolute Support."
For more information contact Lt. Col. Nina Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 703-697-5662.
- March 15, 2019599th facilitates cargo offload at Honolulu Harbor
- March 14, 20194-3rd ADA Soldiers gather new gear for deployment
- March 13, 2019JBLM pursues sustainable purchasing
- March 12, 2019Soldiers learn cutting-edge features on first shipment of JLTVs
- March 11, 2019Minnesota native earns Distinguished Service Cross
- March 11, 20193rd Infantry Division Soldiers sign for first Joint Light Tactical Vehicles (JLTVs)
- March 7, 2019Sgt. 1st Class Jerry Potts: The accidental aviator
- March 7, 20191st TSC Deploys EECP to Fort Campbell
- March 6, 2019Field Feeding Company Activates
- March 6, 20193rd Brigade Conducts Combined Arms Live Fire Exercise, Proves Tactical Prowess, Combat Acumen
- February 28, 20191st Inf. Div. to team with British division for validation exercise
- February 20, 2019Iron Support Battalion hosts ROK Army Deputy Chief of Staff for Sustainment
- February 7, 2019Sustaining in the decisive action fight using Army aviation assets