Combative Course Training
By SFC Charles HighlandOctober 23, 2019
CAMP ARIFJAN, KUWAIT -- Soldiers attended a level one combative course on October 19, 2017 at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait. This class prepares soldiers for hand to hand on the battlefield.
"The main purpose is to enhance survivability on the battlefield," said Sgt. 1st Class Daniel Dean, 371st Sustainment Command combative instructor. "We want all these soldiers to come home safely to their families and this is one way we assure they can do that."
The combative course starts out with the history of combative and basic grappling technics. Next, students learn some jujitsu while moving into basic striking skills. In the end, students take what they learn and, with tactical scenarios, test themselves. Students should be able to utilize these techniques in a combat situation.
"The training was intense for my first time; but overall it was a good learning experience for my military and civilian life," said Spc. Patrica Garcia Towner, 376th Human Resource Company. "It will enhance my survival skills."
"There is a lot of good to the program and the Army has put a lot of effort in it and it shows," said Staff Sgt. Derrick Arroyo, 371st Sustainment Brigade. "With this you have the ability to defend yourself or at least hold them at bay till someone can help."
"It's very important to learn everything and get all the knowledge you can," said Towner.
Future combative classes are held in Kuwait. Check with your unit for dates and permission to attend.
- August 13, 2020The 42nd Infantry Division and 103 Years of Service
- August 12, 2020Inspector General School graduates first virtual class
- August 12, 2020Guam Guard Soldier excels at schoolhouse, becomes instructor
- August 10, 2020Summer symposium celebrates student research with virtual presentations
- August 7, 2020Summer Interns Broaden Their Experience, Contribute to the NTC Mission
- August 7, 2020Indiana National Guard Soldier secures cyber success
- August 6, 2020If you love what you do, you’ll never work again
- August 6, 2020Pathways program welcomes 39 new students
- August 5, 2020Spartan Doctors Continue to Fight Against COVID-19
- August 5, 2020MP’s Deployed to KSA Certify to Enforce the Law
- August 3, 2020DOD selects 54 grad students for research fellowships
- July 30, 2020Fort Sill Soldiers respond to vehicle fire on interstate
- July 7, 2020Class 27-09 Graduates eBLC