Combative Course Training
By SFC Charles HighlandOctober 23, 2019
CAMP ARIFJAN, KUWAIT -- Soldiers attended a level one combative course on October 19, 2017 at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait. This class prepares soldiers for hand to hand on the battlefield.
"The main purpose is to enhance survivability on the battlefield," said Sgt. 1st Class Daniel Dean, 371st Sustainment Command combative instructor. "We want all these soldiers to come home safely to their families and this is one way we assure they can do that."
The combative course starts out with the history of combative and basic grappling technics. Next, students learn some jujitsu while moving into basic striking skills. In the end, students take what they learn and, with tactical scenarios, test themselves. Students should be able to utilize these techniques in a combat situation.
"The training was intense for my first time; but overall it was a good learning experience for my military and civilian life," said Spc. Patrica Garcia Towner, 376th Human Resource Company. "It will enhance my survival skills."
"There is a lot of good to the program and the Army has put a lot of effort in it and it shows," said Staff Sgt. Derrick Arroyo, 371st Sustainment Brigade. "With this you have the ability to defend yourself or at least hold them at bay till someone can help."
"It's very important to learn everything and get all the knowledge you can," said Towner.
Future combative classes are held in Kuwait. Check with your unit for dates and permission to attend.
- May 29, 2020Ivy Soldiers Participate in Best Warrior Competition
- May 28, 2020Army Reserve Soldier honors and continues grandfather's legacy
- May 28, 2020First DoD medical personnel licensed to practice in Kuwait
- May 27, 2020Captain impresses TRADOC CG with COVID-19 mitigation measures for Airborne students, cadre safety
- May 26, 2020Fort Knox teachers thank parents for partnering with them to ‘finish the year well’
- May 26, 2020Army Aviation Upgrades the T700 Engine
- May 26, 2020WHINSEC Honors Command & General Staff Officer Course Students
- May 21, 2020Fort Leavenworth parade celebrates students’ accomplishments
- May 21, 2020CSMS eighth graders 'graduate' midst COVID-19
- May 21, 2020All Trainers on Deck!
- May 20, 2020Local students discuss their experiences with digital learning during COVID-19
- May 8, 2020Old contracting tool leads to new successes in Kuwait
- May 1, 2020Deployed Guard Soldiers mark Dachau liberation with WWII vets