Combative Course Training
By SFC Charles HighlandOctober 23, 2019
CAMP ARIFJAN, KUWAIT -- Soldiers attended a level one combative course on October 19, 2017 at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait. This class prepares soldiers for hand to hand on the battlefield.
"The main purpose is to enhance survivability on the battlefield," said Sgt. 1st Class Daniel Dean, 371st Sustainment Command combative instructor. "We want all these soldiers to come home safely to their families and this is one way we assure they can do that."
The combative course starts out with the history of combative and basic grappling technics. Next, students learn some jujitsu while moving into basic striking skills. In the end, students take what they learn and, with tactical scenarios, test themselves. Students should be able to utilize these techniques in a combat situation.
"The training was intense for my first time; but overall it was a good learning experience for my military and civilian life," said Spc. Patrica Garcia Towner, 376th Human Resource Company. "It will enhance my survival skills."
"There is a lot of good to the program and the Army has put a lot of effort in it and it shows," said Staff Sgt. Derrick Arroyo, 371st Sustainment Brigade. "With this you have the ability to defend yourself or at least hold them at bay till someone can help."
"It's very important to learn everything and get all the knowledge you can," said Towner.
Future combative classes are held in Kuwait. Check with your unit for dates and permission to attend.
- October 16, 2020U.S. Army STAND-TO! | Regionally Aligned Readiness and Modernization Model
- September 11, 2020Army Brain Operant Learning Technology competition accepting applications until Sept. 15
- April 23, 2020Army announces upcoming 2nd BCT, 1st Armored Division, unit rotation
- September 12, 2019Army releases results of 2019 housing surveys
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces upcoming 3rd BCT, 4th Infantry Division unit rotation
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces 1st Armored Division deployment
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces III Corps deployment
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces 3rd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division deploy
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces upcoming deployment
- September 12, 2019Army Hosts Industry Day for Improved Medium Tactical Vehicles
- September 12, 2019DA announces upcoming deployment