DA announces upcoming deployment
By Department of ArmyNovember 6, 2015
WASHINGTON (November 6, 2015) -- The Department of the Army announced today that the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) Headquarters, stationed in Fort Campbell, Kentucky, will deploy to Iraq and Kuwait with approximately 500 Soldiers for a nine-month rotation in early 2016 to support Operation Inherent Resolve. The 101st Airborne Division Headquarters will assume the role of Combined Joint Forces Land Component Command-Iraq, replacing the 82nd Airborne Division Headquarters. In that role, the division headquarters will provide command and control of coalition troops training, advising, and assisting Iraqi Security Forces.
"Operation Inherent Resolve has been the focus of the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) Headquarters for the last three months," said Maj. Gen. Gary J. Volesky, commander of the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault).
"Going back to 1942, Screaming Eagle Soldiers have always answered our Nation's call to duty with pride and tenacity," said Volesky. "This tough mission is our next 'Rendezvous with Destiny' - and we are ready for it."
For more information on the 101st Airborne Division Headquarters deployment, contact Lt. Col. Chevelle Thomas, division public affairs officer, at 270-798-9962, email@example.com.
- June 13, 20182018 Day of the Eagle 101st Airborne Division run
- June 13, 201882nd Airborne Division descends on the Baltics for Swift Response exercise
- June 11, 2018Airborne testers conduct airdrop tests of new container delivery system
- June 6, 20181st Special Forces Group (Airborne) Soldiers Host Washington State Special Olympics for Third Year
- June 5, 2018WINGS OF DESTINY: Culminating leadership exercise builds team, unit pride
- June 5, 2018101ST AIRBORNE DIVISION BAND: Screaming Eagle musicians support division field exercise
- June 5, 201882nd Airborne Division Honors WWII Paratroopers in Normandy
- June 4, 2018101st plays 'game that never happened', commemorates Greatest Generation
- June 1, 2018Airborne testing final phases complete on smaller laser targeting device
- May 31, 2018QM Corps recognizes storied leader at battalion headquarters rededication
- May 29, 2018101ST AIRBORNE DIVISION ARTILLERY BRIGADE: Red Knights hone air assault artillery capabilities
- May 24, 2018101st Airborne Division celebrates its 2018 Day of the Eagles
- May 22, 2018Department of the Army announces upcoming XVIII Airborne Corps Headquarters deployment
- May 22, 2018Department of the Army announces upcoming 101st Combat Aviation Brigade deployment
- May 16, 2018101st Airborne remains ready, lethal for any fight with artillery training