Department of the Army announces III Corps deployment
By U.S. Army Public AffairsMay 19, 2017
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the summer 2017 deployment of approximately 250 soldiers from the III Corps Headquarters stationed at Fort Hood, Texas, to Iraq and Kuwait, in support of Operation Inherent Resolve.
As part of the regular rotation of forces, III Corps will replace XVIII Airborne Corps as the headquarters of the Combined Joint Task Force-Operation Inherent Resolve, the global coalition to defeat ISIS.
"III Corps is ready for this important mission. We will build upon the success of the XVIII Airborne Corps. The Phantom Corps looks forward to maintaining the momentum of the campaign as CJTF-OIR with more than 60 coalition nations and partner organizations," said III Corps and Fort Hood Commanding General, Lt. Gen. Paul E. Funk II.
For more information, please visit http://www.forthoodpresscenter.com or call the Fort Hood Public Affairs Office at 254-287-9993/0106.
- October 5, 2018Kansas City District delivers $328 million in project awards for Fiscal Year '18
- October 2, 2018Assistant Secretary of the Army for Civil Works announces Regulatory Guidance Letter 18-01
- October 1, 2018UMTs provide support to Soldiers
- October 1, 2018U.S. and Indian armies complete exercise Yudh Abhyas 18
- September 28, 2018Opposing force - interoperable and ready for Saber Junction 18
- September 26, 2018Engineer Task Force revolutionizes disaster response with MOTSU recovery
- September 24, 2018Secretary of the Army visits former unit at multinational Saber Junction exercise
- September 22, 2018Airborne engineers work with Corps to put 'blades in dirt'
- September 14, 2018Exercise Rising Thunder 18 Ends with Strengthened Bonds
- September 13, 2018Rising Thunder 18 Strykers at Sunrise Video Link
- September 3, 2018Rising Thunder 18 JGSDF Urban Live Fire Video Link
- September 3, 2018Rising Thunder 18 Anti-Tank Missile Range Video Link
- August 30, 2018I Corps and JBLM host Exercise Courage Dawn 18