Department of the Army announces 1st Armored Division's Sustainment Brigade deployment
By U.S. Army Public AffairsMarch 29, 2017
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the deployment of 1st Armored Division's Sustainment Brigade, stationed in Fort Bliss, Texas, to Afghanistan this spring.
The "Muleskinner" Brigade, will deploy approximately 200 soldiers from its headquarters and Special Troops Battalion as part of a regular rotation of forces to Operation Freedom's Sentinel in Afghanistan with the primary mission to provide sustainment and logistical support to units across the area of operations.
"Our Soldiers are well-trained and ready to conduct sustainment operations in support of this important mission," said Col. Michael Lalor, commander, 1st Armored Division Sustainment Brigade. "We've built professional and resilient soldiers through a rigorous training schedule and resilient families within the Muleskinner brigade. We are ready to answer the nation's call in Afghanistan or wherever else we are needed around the world."
For more information contact the 1st Armored Division and Fort Bliss public affairs officer, Lt. Col. Craig S. Childs at email@example.com, or by phone at 915-744-8406.
- August 11, 2017Team completes first phase III archaeology dig at Fort McCoy
- August 10, 20171st Space Brigade Commander discusses multi-domain
- August 8, 2017Look out below! Cavalry troopers train on emergency resupply
- August 6, 2017U.S. Army Engineers develop engagement area in Exercise Noble Partner
- August 2, 2017Lifeliners host 'Not In My Sqaud' week
- August 2, 2017Meet a 101st Airborne brigade's first 'Top Gun'
- August 1, 2017101 Division (Air Assault) Soldiers train alongside Gabonese counterparts during Judicious Activatio
- August 1, 20171-68 AR platoons orchestrate symphony of Chaos at LFX
- July 31, 2017Sustainment Brigade conducts mass reenlistment
- July 31, 2017Sustainment leaders, FedEx partner to enhance logistics readiness
- July 31, 2017Increased reliance on Foreign Military Sales helps to retain Army sustainment readiness
- July 29, 2017Ling takes command of Army Reserve Sustainment Command
- July 28, 2017Two 1st TSC officers represent command at race
- July 28, 2017Combat first aid in Ukraine
- July 27, 2017First Army Reserve officers graduate Cyber Operations Officer Course
- July 26, 2017First Army Ministry Teams train MS, UT Army National Guard partners