Department of the Army announces 1st Armored Division's Sustainment Brigade deployment
By U.S. Army Public AffairsMarch 29, 2017
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the deployment of 1st Armored Division's Sustainment Brigade, stationed in Fort Bliss, Texas, to Afghanistan this spring.
The "Muleskinner" Brigade, will deploy approximately 200 soldiers from its headquarters and Special Troops Battalion as part of a regular rotation of forces to Operation Freedom's Sentinel in Afghanistan with the primary mission to provide sustainment and logistical support to units across the area of operations.
"Our Soldiers are well-trained and ready to conduct sustainment operations in support of this important mission," said Col. Michael Lalor, commander, 1st Armored Division Sustainment Brigade. "We've built professional and resilient soldiers through a rigorous training schedule and resilient families within the Muleskinner brigade. We are ready to answer the nation's call in Afghanistan or wherever else we are needed around the world."
For more information contact the 1st Armored Division and Fort Bliss public affairs officer, Lt. Col. Craig S. Childs at email@example.com, or by phone at 915-744-8406.
- September 13, 20191st Armored Division NIA Chapter Hosts Awards Ceremony
- September 12, 2019Defender Battalion Sharpens Skills on Direct Fire Range
- September 12, 2019Suicide Prevention Remains Key at 1st TSC
- September 12, 2019Mass casualty exercise prepares combat medics from multiple units
- September 12, 2019North Carolina National Guard medics train to save lives
- September 12, 20191st TSC and the 858th MCT Keep Things Moving During Eager Lion
- September 12, 2019National Guard combat medics maintain skills, techniques
- September 12, 20198th TSC Hosts the first Pacific Theater Senior Enlisted Sustainment Symposium
- September 12, 20191st Special Forces Group (Airborne) Soldier dies from wounds sustained in combat
- September 12, 201930th Armored Brigade Combat Team conducts driver training to expand flexibility
- September 12, 2019Illinois Guard hone their skills with 5th Armored Brigade
- September 12, 2019Combined Resolve XII: 1st ID brings air and ground firepower
- September 12, 201930th Armored Brigade Combat Team uses step approach to training
- September 12, 2019Snipers brave harsh conditions, challenges during competition
- September 12, 2019Command teams gain understanding through SHARP forum