Department of the Army announces 1st Armored Division's Sustainment Brigade deployment
By U.S. Army Public AffairsMarch 29, 2017
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the deployment of 1st Armored Division's Sustainment Brigade, stationed in Fort Bliss, Texas, to Afghanistan this spring.
The "Muleskinner" Brigade, will deploy approximately 200 soldiers from its headquarters and Special Troops Battalion as part of a regular rotation of forces to Operation Freedom's Sentinel in Afghanistan with the primary mission to provide sustainment and logistical support to units across the area of operations.
"Our Soldiers are well-trained and ready to conduct sustainment operations in support of this important mission," said Col. Michael Lalor, commander, 1st Armored Division Sustainment Brigade. "We've built professional and resilient soldiers through a rigorous training schedule and resilient families within the Muleskinner brigade. We are ready to answer the nation's call in Afghanistan or wherever else we are needed around the world."
For more information contact the 1st Armored Division and Fort Bliss public affairs officer, Lt. Col. Craig S. Childs at email@example.com, or by phone at 915-744-8406.
- November 1, 201930th ABCT provides armored vehicles in fight against ISIS
- November 1, 20191st Infantry Division first to field new night vision equipment
- October 30, 2019Special Forces NCO receives Medal of Honor for heroics in Afghanistan
- October 29, 2019Advising at the Point of Need
- October 28, 2019Capt. Lindsay Heisler receives 2019 Nininger Award for actions in Afghanistan
- October 28, 201930th ABCT reunites with equipment in Kuwait
- October 28, 201930th Armored Brigade Combat Team reunites with equipment in Kuwait
- October 28, 2019Panther Paratroopers Secure Key Leader Engagement
- October 28, 2019Big Red One Soldiers load up after successful deployment
- October 24, 2019Regulars Battalion masters the fundamentals during squad live-fire exercise
- October 24, 2019Iron Supporter receives El Paso County Commissioner's Award
- October 24, 2019Army researchers, alliance partners make advances in protection materials
- October 23, 20192-1 CD Convoy Marks the Fifth Iteration
- October 21, 2019Regulars Battalion masters the fundamentals during squad live fire exercises
- October 21, 2019At-the-halt network prototypes increase mobility, computing power
- October 18, 2019'Durable Brigade' gears up to return to Fort Riley after long deployment