Registration opens for 2017 U.S. Army Small Arms Championship
By USAMU PAONovember 4, 2016
USAMU PAOFORT BENNING, Ga. -- The U.S. Army Marksmanship Unit (USAMU), in conjunction with the Maneuver Center of Excellence (MCoE), will host the 2017 U.S. Army Small Arms Championship (All Army) March 12-18.
The competition takes place on the USAMU range complex at Fort Benning, Georgia.
The All Army competition is free and open to all Soldiers including U.S. Military Academy and Reserve Officer Training Corps cadets.
Individual competitors and teams must pre-register by fax, email, regular mail or online. With the exception of the Excellence in Competition (EIC) matches, walk-on entries will not be accepted.
Registration ends Feb. 15 for allocated teams and March 3 for all other competitors. Early registration is encouraged. If registration exceeds the maximum number of 260, Soldiers will be placed on a standby list for the competition.
The competition develops combat firing skills at the entry and intermediate levels and recognizes superior skill at the highest level. During the event, Soldiers compete in separate classes consisting of cadet, novice, open and professional based on previous competition experience.
Ammunition is provided, and participants are furnished with firearms if needed, although bringing assigned unit firearms and optics is preferred.
Additionally, Soldiers can earn EIC marksmanship badges and credit points toward their Distinguished Rifle and Pistol designations in an EIC Match during the event. The prestigious EIC badge takes precedence over standard qualification badges.
Teams include four firing members and one alternate firing member or coach. Competition events require running and other physical activities. Unit leaders should ensure that Soldiers selected for participation in the All Army are physically fit. Special allocations to allow major Army commands to field teams for the competition are reserved until Feb. 15. Beginning Feb. 16, all remaining slots will be given to individual Soldiers on a first-come, first-served basis. Reserved MACOM allocations follow.
• 1st Armored Division -- two teams
• 1st Cavalry Division -- two teams
• 1st Infantry Division -- two teams
• 2nd Infantry Division -- two teams
• 3rd Infantry Division --two teams
• 4th Infantry Division -- two teams
• 10th Mountain Division -- two teams
• 25th Infantry Division -- two teams
• 82nd Airborne Division -- two teams
• 101st Airborne Division -- two teams
• U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) -- six teams (drill sergeant attendance is highly encouraged)
• U.S. Army Europe (USAEUR) -- two teams
• U.S. Army Cadet Command -- four teams
• U.S. Army Military Academy (USAMA) -- one team
• 75th Ranger Regiment -- two teams
• Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) -- four teams
• U.S. Army Reserve (USAR) -- six teams
• U.S. Army National Guard -- seven teams
Fort Benning's Directorate of Family Morale Welfare and Recreation will host the final awards ceremony the evening of March 18.
To register online go to the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) website at https://thecmp.org/. Competitors must have or create a user name and password.
All competitors must submit registration forms by the deadlines listed above. Match program is available on the USAMU website at www.usamu.com.
https://ct.thecmp.org/app/v1/index.php?do=matchf11b14007335d3310e4524d433d255fe92cc636baa1bcf7342ef3ca6c95a500af6186afa36b5d37047060502980ed4152c2077762620910b24c9c232663327fdtask=editf11b14007335d3310e4524d433d255fe92cc636baa1bcf7342ef3ca6c95a500af6186afa36b5d37047060502980ed4152c2077762620910b24c9c232663327fdmatch=14810Team captains or coaches should forward a registration form listing all competitors and team support members by Feb. 15, 2017 for allocated teams and March 3, 2017 for individual competitors. Send faxes to (706) 545-6252, or emails to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. If submitting by mail send to:
Commander, US Army Marksmanship Unit,
7031 Bills Street
Fort Benning, GA 31905-3103
For additional information and to register, visit www.usamu.com and click on "Match Info."Editor's Note: The U.S. Army Marksmanship Unit's mission is winning national and international shooting competitions and advancing small-arms lethality to demonstrate Army marksmanship capability and enhance marksmanship effectiveness in combat. USAMU is part of the U.S. Army Accessions Brigade and Army Marketing and Research Group.
- October 16, 2020U.S. Army STAND-TO! | Regionally Aligned Readiness and Modernization Model
- October 13, 2020Army announces winners of prestigious 2020 competition awards
- September 24, 2020Army announces upcoming 2nd BCT, 10th Mountain Division, unit rotation
- September 24, 2020Army announces upcoming 1st ABCT, 3rd Infantry Division unit rotation
- September 24, 2020Army announces upcoming 1st ABCT, 1st Cavalry Division, unit rotation
- September 11, 2020Army Brain Operant Learning Technology competition accepting applications until Sept. 15
- April 23, 2020Army announces upcoming 2nd BCT, 82nd Airborne Division, unit rotation
- April 23, 2020Army announces upcoming 2nd BCT, 1st Armored Division, unit rotation
- April 23, 2020Army announces upcoming 2nd ABCT, 3rd Infantry Division, unit rotation
- January 16, 2020Army decides to cancel current OMFV solicitation
- December 5, 2019Army announces upcoming 2nd BCT, 1st Infantry Division unit rotation
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces upcoming 1st BCT, 101st Airborne Division unit rotation
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces upcoming 3rd BCT, 4th Infantry Division unit rotation
- September 12, 2019Army announces conversion of two brigade combat teams
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces upcoming 3rd ABCT, 1st Armored Division deployment
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces upcoming 1st Stryker Brigade, 4th Infantry Division deployment