22d Chem Battalion celebrates Spring
By Rachel Ponder, APG NewsApril 24, 2012
ABERDEEN PROVING GROUND, Md. - The Families of the 22d Chemical Battalion (Technical Escort) and 20th Support Command (CBRNE) enjoyed an afternoon of fun, friendship, and relaxation during the Defender's Spring Fling at McBride Parade Field in APG South April 7.Company A 22d Chemical Battalion (TE) hosted the event, which featured food, give-aways, and activities like three-legged races, ring tosses, egg hunts and more.
Felicia Nelson, Family Readiness Leader for Company A, said that the event was designed to build cohesiveness between the unit's Soldiers and their Families."I like to think of these Families as my extended Family," Nelson said.Nelson added that the event also celebrated the Month of the Military Child."Military Families serve too," Nelson said. "This is a way to give back to Soldiers and their Families."Sgt. 1st Class Timothy Wright said that he appreciates the support his Family receives through the FRG."The Army is not just a job, it's a lifestyle," Wright said. "You want to know that your organization cares about you, not only about the job that you are doing but the Family you come home to at night. It helps to know that the organization will have your back when you deploy."
The event was made possible through community support donations from organizations like Picerne Military Housing, the Army Substance Abuse Program, Outdoor Recreation, Operation Homefront, Metro USO, VFW, the APG Fire Department and more.For more photos visit http://www.flickr.com/photos/usagapg.
- May 27, 2020Health experts: Pandemic could drive fearful, bored to dangerous coping mechanisms
- May 26, 2020Families remember loved ones buried at Fort Knox during Memorial Day open visitation
- May 26, 2020Missouri National Guard major honors Samoan culture
- May 26, 2020Edelweiss Lodge and Resort in Germany scheduled to reopen June 15
- May 22, 2020TTX preps leaders for severe weather event
- May 22, 2020U.S. Army Birthday 2020 Events
- May 21, 2020CCDC Chemical Biological Center Strives to Become DoD’s Biomanufacturing Leader
- May 21, 2020Technology Transfer to Industry Brings Chemical Agent Protection a Big Step Closer to the Warfighter
- May 21, 2020How the legacy of a fallen Soldier reminds us to do our best
- May 20, 2020Georgia National Guard helps feed school kids
- May 20, 2020Keep your distance from these fuzzy caterpillars
- May 20, 2020JPEO-CBRND Works with Industry to Develop COVID-19 Diagnostic Tests
- May 19, 2020Housing resident’s garden vision blossoms into reality
- May 13, 2020TRADOC names Fort Leonard Wood’s Hubbard their Warrant Officer Instructor of the Year
- May 11, 2020The 311th ESC conducts its first Virtual Battle Assembly
- May 7, 2020Sarin sidelined: GB projectiles delivered for destruction