Marne Air Soldiers perform convoy live-fire training
By Patrick YoungJuly 18, 2019
Photo and story by Pfc. Savannah Roy
3rd CAB Public AffairsMarne Air Soldiers from 2nd Battalion, 3rd Aviation Regiment, 3rd Combat Aviation Brigade held a three-day convoy live-fire exercise to sustain readiness in preparation for future combat operations, July 9-11 on Fort Stewart."It's imperative that Soldiers get proper convoy live-fire training," said 2nd Lt. Kevin Davies, an automated logistical specialist with 2-3 Avn., 3rd CAB, 3rd ID. "Soldiers will acquire muscle memory the more they train in these exercises and they will be able to successfully execute in stressful environments."The CLFX training ensures that Soldiers are well familiarized with mounted weapons systems and how to properly fire on a moving vehicle. Soldiers performed the mounted gunnery exercise using the .50 cal. machinegun.Despite the rain; Soldiers pressed on with the convoy live-fire, upholding the well-known Army motto, "If it's not raining, we're not training."
The three-day CLFX began with a drive through of the gunnery range to familiarize Soldiers with the terrain.The second day Soldiers executed a day and night blank-fire to properly establish and correct any deficiencies the Soldier might have with the weapons system, leading into a day and night live-fire on the final day.
The key tasks in the CLFX was to conduct tactical convoy and react to contact while mounted in the stationary and moving positions."This training is beneficial no matter what military occupational specialty you are," said Sgt. Jonathan Cardec, an aviation operations specialist with 2-3 Avn., 3rd CAB. "In my opinion, the convoy live-fire ended very successfully."
- August 6, 20203rd Special Forces Group Wins Active Field Feeding Category of the 52nd Philip A. Connelly Award
- August 5, 2020151st Infantry Regiment adapts training to COVID-19 pandemic
- August 4, 2020Volunteers: The Heart of the Army Community
- August 4, 2020Supporting Warriors: Maneuver Operations
- August 4, 2020NYNG aviation Soldiers hone land navigation skills
- August 4, 2020Camp Zama entomologist aims to educate about insects, other creatures
- August 3, 2020Rapid Mobilization of the DOD Manufacturing Base to Solve COVID-19 Supply Shortages
- July 31, 2020Preserving Lives on the Battlefield
- July 30, 2020Escape rooms test leadership, communication skills
- July 30, 2020Vietnam veteran returns guidon
- July 30, 2020Soldier set to follow path to Army commission
- July 29, 2020Brave Rifles Conduct Live Artillery Gun Raid Training
- July 27, 2020U.S. Army 3rd Recruiting Brigade changes leadership at Fort Knox ceremony
- July 22, 2020Task Force 5 offers JRTC, Fort Polk units abatis training