Easter Egg hunt delivers Family fun
By Ms. LaTrice Langston (IMCOM)March 29, 2018
The Fort Jackson community came together March 24 to provide a day full of fun activities for the entire Family during the Child, Youth Services, annual Spring Jamboree and Egg Hunt.
The event at the Youth Services Complex included age group egg hunts, bounce houses, obstacle courses and potato sack races, all designed to encourage an active life style.
Chapin Talbot, Assistant Director for Youth Sports and Fitness says the best part of the Spring Jamboree and Egg Hunt is seeing the children happy and participate in physical activity.
"I love kids and I'll do anything I can to make sure a kid that lives the military lifestyle can have fun safe events to participate in every time," Talbot said.
For some Families the Spring Jamboree and Egg Hunt is their first introduction to the Fort Jackson military community.
Devonda Summers, Assistance Director for Parent Central Services and Outreach for Child Youth and School Services, the Spring Jamboree was her first event with CYS Fort Jackson.
"I'm so excited and thrilled to see all the children enjoying all the festivities to bring in spring," she said.
Summers said the ultimate pay off was "seeing how the Fort Jackson community comes together to serve the Soldiers and their Families."
- January 23, 2019Fisher joins ranks as Senior Executive Service leader
- January 23, 2019Cyber expert honored after decades of service
- January 19, 2019ASG-A employee, Crowley, honored for service in Afghanistan
- January 19, 2019ASG-A employee, Luft, honored for service in Afghanistan
- January 19, 2019ASG-A employee, Reid, honored for service in Afghanistan
- January 18, 2019Need A Lift? Belvoir Ridshare Services Made Easy
- January 18, 2019Harlem Globetrotter legend reunites with Fort Jackson Family during local appearance
- January 18, 2019Jackson tries out new Army kicks
- January 16, 2019'Hamilton's Own' celebrates 243 years of service
- January 16, 2019Tax center set to offer free preparation services
- January 16, 2019Fort Jackson helping people become 'losers'
- January 16, 2019Watch Your Steps 2019 competition to hit the ground running
- January 14, 2019From the streets to the military: Service changed his life
- January 10, 2019King holiday urges service to others
- January 7, 2019Families of deployed Soldiers eligible for benefits, support
- December 20, 2018Fort Jackson joins Midlands to honor service members, families