Easter Egg hunt delivers Family fun
By Ms. LaTrice Langston (IMCOM)March 29, 2018
The Fort Jackson community came together March 24 to provide a day full of fun activities for the entire Family during the Child, Youth Services, annual Spring Jamboree and Egg Hunt.
The event at the Youth Services Complex included age group egg hunts, bounce houses, obstacle courses and potato sack races, all designed to encourage an active life style.
Chapin Talbot, Assistant Director for Youth Sports and Fitness says the best part of the Spring Jamboree and Egg Hunt is seeing the children happy and participate in physical activity.
"I love kids and I'll do anything I can to make sure a kid that lives the military lifestyle can have fun safe events to participate in every time," Talbot said.
For some Families the Spring Jamboree and Egg Hunt is their first introduction to the Fort Jackson military community.
Devonda Summers, Assistance Director for Parent Central Services and Outreach for Child Youth and School Services, the Spring Jamboree was her first event with CYS Fort Jackson.
"I'm so excited and thrilled to see all the children enjoying all the festivities to bring in spring," she said.
Summers said the ultimate pay off was "seeing how the Fort Jackson community comes together to serve the Soldiers and their Families."
- April 4, 2018Georgia High School Students visit Fort Stewart
- March 30, 2018Benelux communities celebrate spring with an eggstravaganza
- March 29, 2018Contest invites military youth to share their story, voice
- March 29, 2018Food, family, fun: Children's Fest delivers for military youth
- March 29, 2018Health fair helps youth make smarter food choices
- March 29, 2018Young Lives, BIG Stories Contest calls for submissions in April
- March 28, 2018Vicenza senior named Youth of Year
- March 23, 2018Army Aviators test new system to modernize Black Hawk helicopters
- March 22, 2018Warrior Classic Hunt continues tradition of supporting wounded warriors
- March 22, 2018Jackson SRP looks at the whole Soldier
- March 22, 2018Commentary: Tour gives civilians a closer look at Army life
- March 22, 2018Fort Jackson Soldiers test for Expert Infantryman Badge
- March 13, 2018Discover Germany's Easter traditions
- March 12, 2018First class of AIT drill sergeants graduate 'conversion' course
- March 12, 2018Center Library's Seusstival a hit with parents, youth
- March 9, 2018TYA workshop helps Camp Zama youth gain confidence in performing