Department of the Army announces upcoming 2nd Infantry Brigade, 4th Infantry Division deployment
By U.S. Army Public AffairsDecember 21, 2017
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the spring 2018 deployment of the 2nd Infantry Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division, stationed at Fort Carson, Colorado, to Afghanistan.
The 2nd Infantry Brigade will replace 1st Infantry Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division as part of a regular rotation of forces to support Operation Freedom's Sentinel.
"The 2nd Infantry Brigade Combat Team of the 4th Infantry Division has a proud deployment history in support of operations in Afghanistan," said Col. David Zinn, commander, 2nd Infantry Brigade Combat Team. "Our War Horse soldiers are trained, ready, and are honored that the Army has selected our unit for the deployment."
For more information contact the 4th Infantry Division and Fort Carson media relations officer, Ms. Aleah Castrejon, firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 719-526-7525, or for after hours at 719-526-3400.
- January 17, 2020Taekwondo Soldier-athletes work toward Olympic dreams
- January 17, 2020USAG Italy Quality of Life Survey Open through Feb. 29
- January 16, 2020Hunter Army Airfield holds housing town hall
- January 16, 2020Sustaining Fires | 2nd SFAB advisors help ANA improve maintenance program
- January 15, 2020Fort Wayne native supports Task Force Spartan in Middle East
- January 15, 2020Fort Wayne native serves in the Middle East supporting Task Force Spartan
- January 14, 2020The Michigan National Guard first in Midwest to receive new ACFT equipment
- January 14, 2020A Day on the Slope- Warrior Adventure Quest with Hohenfels ODR
- January 13, 20202ID/RUCD Soldier spreads goodwill to Warriors over Holidays
- January 13, 202010th Mountain Warrior Transition Battalion Soldiers participate in sled hockey
- January 13, 2020Lawton-Fort Sill community turns for National Guard deployment ceremony
- January 13, 2020Perform to win: WarHorse Brigade Leaders Compete in First Cohesion Exercise
- January 13, 2020More deployments, stronger presence set for Pacific, says SecArmy
- January 10, 2020Soldier feedback shaping new technologies for the Army
- January 9, 2020Safety award for Lean, Six S efforts presented to artillery shop
- January 3, 2020Reserve Soldiers answer call to deliver mail on deployment