ANAD Small Arms supports DoD readiness
By Jennifer BacchusMarch 22, 2018
ANNISTON ARMY DEPOT, Ala. - The depot's Small Arms Repair Facility is the primary Small Arms Rebuild Center for the Department of Defense.
Here, employees overhaul, repair and upgrade small caliber weapons from the M9 pistol to the M2 50-caliber machine gun, grenade launchers, mortars and much more.
The men and women who work in the depot's Small Arms Repair Facility are able to refurbish many parts, bringing them back to like-new condition.
For example, as much as 60 percent of a M2 weapon can be refurbished and reused as the artisans upgrade it to a M2A1 machine gun.
- October 11, 2018Must shift focus from workload to readiness
- October 9, 2018Depot paves the way for 508 compliance norms
- October 9, 2018Award winner says teamwork essential to success
- October 4, 2018Commander speaks to Exchange Club
- October 4, 2018MG Mitchell tours ANAD
- October 4, 2018Depot hosts Supermarket of Benefits
- October 1, 2018Depot personnel hone skills during exercise
- September 28, 2018Security enterprise manager takes Afghan deployment
- September 20, 2018ANAD GAP update
- September 20, 2018Depot signs partnerships
- September 12, 2018Ammunition is a family affair at Hawthorne Army Depot
- September 6, 2018Electronics experience crucial to Anniston Army Depot mission
- September 5, 2018Army depots join forces to repair military helicopters