ANAD Small Arms supports DoD readiness
By Jennifer BacchusMarch 22, 2018
ANNISTON ARMY DEPOT, Ala. - The depot's Small Arms Repair Facility is the primary Small Arms Rebuild Center for the Department of Defense.
Here, employees overhaul, repair and upgrade small caliber weapons from the M9 pistol to the M2 50-caliber machine gun, grenade launchers, mortars and much more.
The men and women who work in the depot's Small Arms Repair Facility are able to refurbish many parts, bringing them back to like-new condition.
For example, as much as 60 percent of a M2 weapon can be refurbished and reused as the artisans upgrade it to a M2A1 machine gun.
- May 9, 2019Red River hosts triathlon for local group homes
- May 7, 2019Crane's Army: military children and the force behind the force
- May 7, 2019IRAHC conducts blessing of hands, last in current facility
- May 3, 2019Garrison environmental, firefighters conduct HAZMAT training
- May 2, 2019Red River Army Depot observes National Day of Prayer
- May 2, 2019Personnel cultivate plus side of painful experiences, earn award
- May 2, 2019Survivor's daughter speaks during Holocaust Remembrance
- May 2, 2019Igloo doors enlarged to meet current, future missions
- May 2, 2019Project upgrades mine plows for Soldiers
- May 2, 2019Preparing for chemical weapons destruction
- April 30, 2019Sierra Army Depot couple 'adopts' Camp Fire victims
- April 23, 2019CCAD hosts sexual assault awareness fair
- April 18, 2019Red River to host Wildland Fire Academy
- April 16, 2019Team Red River completes MaxxPro verification ahead of schedule
- April 11, 2019Local business partner honors depot employee
- April 4, 2019How to recycle at the depot