AFN Kaiserslautern switching frequency, allowing reception in U.S. vehicles
By Defense Media Activity - AFN KaiserslauternJanuary 6, 2017
KAISERSLAUTERN, Germany -- "We fixed it." AFN Kaiserslautern will switch to a U.S. friendly frequency Jan. 18, allowing local listeners to access the station in American vehicles.
The new frequency will be 105.1 and can be accessed in American Spec cars, while the old frequency of 100.2 will convert to a Deutschland Radio station."This change is a long time coming," said Master Sgt. Christina Nelson, station manager at AFN Kaiserslautern. "We felt our audience's frustration at not being able to access their local radio station in their cars and we wanted to fix it."The original signal was established when you could easily adjust the analog car stereos to tune into any station on the dial. However, with today's digital U.S. car stereos you can only tune in the odd numbered frequencies.
Nelson added, "We are excited to expand our audience reach and look forward to providing the entire Kaiserslautern Military Community with relevant traffic, weather, and command information during their daily commutes. So tune in Jan. 18 at 11 a.m."Audience members can still access AFN Kaiserslautern from their computers using AFN360 or stream it to their portable devices using the AFN Europe application.
- July 9, 2020Regional Health Command Europe welcomes new command team
- July 9, 2020The Acceptable Use Policy: Rules of the IT road
- July 2, 2020Ready to Ride in Kaiserslautern
- July 2, 2020U.S. Army Garrison Rheinland-Pfalz honors representatives from host nation offices
- June 24, 2020Safety team wants to help keep the garrison chill in the heat
- June 2, 2020Television reception in some military quarters set to change
- May 29, 2020FMWR moving toward return of normal operations
- May 28, 2020Accessing care during COVID-19 Pandemic: Madigan’s Department of Internal Medicine message to patients
- May 27, 2020Family and MWR Facebook viewers can get a taste of first virtual bazaar
- May 27, 2020AKO Communities secure access to 600+ Soldier monographs offering lessons learned, training from OEF, OIF
- May 26, 2020New 5G switch provides 50 times more energy efficiency than currently exists
- May 20, 2020PEO M&S Pursues Modernization Undeterred by Pandemic
- May 14, 2020Cemeteries at Fort Knox open May 25 for annual Memorial Day visitation