What DISA Migration Means to LMP
By Ms. Christine McMahon (LMP)December 7, 2015
In July 2013, the DoD directed components to migrate enterprise application and services from local data centers to designated Core Data Centers at DISA by the end of Fiscal Year 2018. This directive is intended to ensure DoD data is hosted in modern, standardized, and centralized environments consistent with DoD guidance and ultimately improve security, enhance performance, and enable cost control.
Under the leadership of Program Executive Office Enterprise Information Systems (PEO EIS) and AESIP, the LMP and other Army ERPs are designing and implementing their migration strategies and plans. The LMP is working to migrate its Secondary Data Center, which includes multiple environments including the Continuity of Operations, to DISA in October 2016, and its Primary Data Center in November 2016.
From a DoD perspective, this initiative is essential to finding efficiencies and reducing costs for hosting and managing applications. From an Army perspective, this is a milestone effort to establish an Enterprise Systems Enclave at DISA, where the Army ERP systems will operate and execute their cross-functional missions worldwide.
- December 3, 2019International Technology Centers get innovative solutions through foreign partnerships
- December 3, 2019Army Sustainment Command Training Division Assumes New Name, Enhanced Role
- December 2, 2019Need 2 Know: How much is too much to give office mates during the holidays?
- December 2, 2019Aviators, industry gather at 47th annual Cribbins symposium
- November 27, 2019Over 173 Working Groups Result in a Stronger Product for IPPS-A Release 3
- November 27, 2019Secretary of the Army speaks at American Enterprise Institute
- November 26, 2019Materiel enterprise recognizes employees of the quarter
- November 26, 2019Depot's past performance leads to bright future
- November 22, 2019CIO/G-6 stands up ECMO and welcomes new director
- November 21, 2019Students explore STEAM fields during Family Day
- November 21, 2019Talley Talks Partnerships, Pathway to Progress at SMART PROC
- November 20, 2019Winn touts flu-drive thru, a community success
- November 18, 2019LDAC: The Strategic Support Area's data hub
- November 18, 2019Norfolk District and young scientists intersect during geotagging event
- November 15, 2019AMC Chaplain Corps supports readiness through building resilience