Area IV holds LGBT Pride Month event at Camp Carroll
By So, Ki Chun, USAG Daegu Public AffairsJune 30, 2020
CAMP CARROLL, Republic of Korea – The 6th Ordnance Battalion hosted an Area IV LGBT Pride Month event June 30 at the Camp Carroll Movie Theater. Participants watched a self-made movie titled ‘Equality Without Exception’ during the event."This event is to celebrate the LGBT community and learn about the struggles that they have endured," said Sgt. 1st Class Jessica Chavez, the 19th Expeditionary Sustainment Command Equal Opportunity Advisor, and one of the event participants."Organizing this event has taught me more about the LGBT community and the movement over the past 50 years," said Maj. Nina Copeland, the 6th Ord. Bn. executive officer.Distinguished guests Brig. Gen. Steven Allen, the commanding general of the 19th ESC, and his wife attended. Also present was Lt. Col. Bradley M. May, the commander of 6th Ord. Bn., and USAG Daegu Command Sgt. Maj. Alan J. Cline.LGBT Pride Month commemorates the proud legacy of LGBT individuals who are part of the fabric of the nation and the U.S. Army. This tribute was first celebrated in 1994 and commemorates the anniversary of the June, 28, 1969, Stonewall riot in New York City that initiated the modern gay rights movement in the United States.
- August 7, 2020Summer Interns Broaden Their Experience, Contribute to the NTC Mission
- August 7, 2020Departing Chief of staff reflects on his time with First Army
- August 7, 2020Camp Zama facilities named best in 7 categories in Stars and Stripes reader’s poll
- August 6, 2020SMA emphasizes ‘This is My Squad,’ inclusion during visit to Fort Campbell
- August 6, 2020If you love what you do, you’ll never work again
- August 6, 2020USAACE honors 'best warriors'
- August 6, 20203rd Special Forces Group Wins Active Field Feeding Category of the 52nd Philip A. Connelly Award
- August 5, 2020V Corps Headquarters (Forward) location announced
- August 5, 2020Public Health Activity - Italy welcomes new Leadership
- August 5, 2020151st Infantry Regiment adapts training to COVID-19 pandemic
- August 4, 2020Army experiment evaluates communications systems' ability to mitigate threats
- August 4, 2020KFOR RC-E Soldiers deliver medical equipment to Zvecan clinic
- August 4, 2020Camp Zama entomologist aims to educate about insects, other creatures