Final day: 2019 XVIII Airborne Corps NCO and Soldier of the Year Competition
By Pvt. Nathaniel GayleJuly 1, 2019
On the fifth and final day of the 2019 XVIII Airborne Corps Noncommissioned Officer and Soldier of the Year Competition, the final nine competitors braved their last challenge; the XVIII Abn. Corps board. The board is a mental test designed to test a Soldier's military bearing and knowledge when under the intense pressure of senior NCOs. Staff Sgt. Matthew Whitney, 3rd Infantry Division and Spc. Nicholas Callahan, 44th Medical Brigade, won the competition. The board and award ceremony for the winners took place at Fort Bragg, N.C. June 28, 2019.
- May 29, 2020Army advances materials for new low-profile antenna
- May 28, 2020USACE employee receives award due to new contracting process deployed during flood efforts.
- May 27, 2020Captain impresses TRADOC CG with COVID-19 mitigation measures for Airborne students, cadre safety
- May 26, 2020Bastogne medic joins BACH in fight against COVID-19
- May 26, 2020Run for the Fallen: No Slack Soldiers honor generations of heroes
- May 21, 2020Division West officer and wife renew wedding vows at historic Quarters One on Rock Island Arsenal
- May 21, 2020‘Vipers’ show combat capabilities through training flight mission
- May 18, 2020Army ManTech program advances materials for new low-profile antenna
- May 18, 2020NO SLACK Soldiers of 2-327th Inf. Regt. take to range maintaining readiness, preparing for JRTC
- May 15, 2020Paratroopers train to become Soldiers-Athletes with GiBs
- May 14, 2020Industrial base leaders discuss progress, COVID-19 impacts
- May 13, 2020Spartan Soldiers attend 3ID virtual board from Poland
- May 11, 2020Mitigation measures enable successful recon ops for Paratroopers