By CourtesyFebruary 14, 2019
WIESBADEN, Germany -- U.S. Army Europe tax centers will re-prioritize services in 2019 and focus assistance on those that generally make less than $54,000 per year, in accordance with Army regulations and IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance guidelines.
"The program is designed to help Soldiers and families that need these services most. Generally speaking, this equates to E-6 and below, and other eligible filers making less than $54,000," said Maj. Shawn Atkins, U.S. Army Europe deputy of military and civil law.
Atkins explained that in previous years additional resources allowed the tax centers to expand services and eligibility. These expanded services are no longer possible due to limited resources and substantial changes to the tax code.
Filers are encouraged to contact their local tax center to determine eligibility:
• Ansbach, Germany: DSN 467-2324 or 09802-83-2324
• Baumholder, Germany: DSN: 531-2459 or 0611-143-531-2459
• Grafenwoehr, Germany: DSN 569-0554 or 09641-70-569-0554
• Hohenfels, Germany: DSN 466-2836 or 09472-83-2836
• Kaiserslautern, Germany: DSN 483-7724 or 0631-411-7724
• Schinnen, Netherlands: DSN 360-7662 / 7668 or 046-443-7688-7662 / 7668
• Stuttgart, Germany: DSN 421-5808 or 0711-729-5808
• Vicenza, Italy: DSN 637-8838 or 0444-61-8838
• Wiesbaden, Germany: DSN 537-0690 or 0611-143-537-0690
Tax centers open no later than January 28 and close no earlier than April 19.
Free filing options are still available to Soldiers and families through websites such as Military OneSource (https://www.militaryonesource.mil/miltax-software) and the IRS (www.irs.gov/freefile).
Release by Sgt. Kristopher Dimond