TARDEC Ground Systems Survivability supports Veterans' Compensated Work Therapy Program
By Ms. Kimberly Bratic (TARDEC)April 25, 2016
Several Ground Systems Survivability members attended the Spring 2016 graduation ceremony for veterans completing the Compensated Work Therapy Program at the John D. Dingell Veterans Administration Medical Center in Detroit, April 21, as part of a U.S. Army Tank Automotive Research, Development and Engineering Center Spring Service Project.
The CWT Program focuses on maximizing vocational rehabilitation potential of veterans by addressing complex rehabilitative issues such as medical, physical, substance-related or mental health issues.
"Since 'to whom much is given, much is required,' and we've been blessed with so much, for the Spring GSS team building activity, our team decided to organize an opportunity to give back to our Veterans," said Michael Foley, materials engineer for lightweight systems. "We wanted to let them know we are grateful and have not forgotten the sacrifices they made."
Following the ceremony, the GSS group hosted a lunch celebration for the graduates at which time the veterans shared their service stories and experiences in the CWT Program. GSS thanked them for their service, congratulated the graduates on their accomplishment and wished them well as they transitioned back into the workforce.
- August 17, 2018SMDC senior leader discusses his career path, unique role of National Guard in command's mission
- August 17, 2018Lawton-Fort Sill Veterans Centers celebrates vet's 100th birthday
- August 17, 2018Fort Leonard Wood Soldiers move on to Army-level Best Warrior Competition
- August 14, 201820th CBRNE Soldiers polish their skills in preparation for Prominent Hunt Exercise 18-2
- August 8, 2018Wahlburgers coming to Joint Base Lewis-McChord Exchange
- August 8, 2018Veteran shares resiliency experiences with Rock Island Arsenal workforce
- August 8, 2018CRDAMC Nutrition Clinic gateway to Army readiness
- August 3, 2018Fort Benning Career Skills Program reaches new heights
- August 1, 2018Native American, Vietnam Veteran receives care at Army Reserve IRT clinic
- August 1, 2018First Encounters program makes using healthcare at Irwin Army Community Hospital easy
- August 1, 20181st Space Brigade Soldier wins gold in Modern Pentathlon Masters World Championship
- July 26, 2018Veterans may be eligible for tax refunds
- July 26, 2018WWI centennial: America helps turn tide of war by summer 1918
- July 24, 2018KACH provides incoming USMA Cadets with running pods for study
- July 13, 2018Colo. National Guard helicopter crews who fought Spring Fire return to base