TARDEC Ground Systems Survivability supports Veterans' Compensated Work Therapy Program
By Ms. Kimberly Bratic (TARDEC)April 25, 2016
Several Ground Systems Survivability members attended the Spring 2016 graduation ceremony for veterans completing the Compensated Work Therapy Program at the John D. Dingell Veterans Administration Medical Center in Detroit, April 21, as part of a U.S. Army Tank Automotive Research, Development and Engineering Center Spring Service Project.
The CWT Program focuses on maximizing vocational rehabilitation potential of veterans by addressing complex rehabilitative issues such as medical, physical, substance-related or mental health issues.
"Since 'to whom much is given, much is required,' and we've been blessed with so much, for the Spring GSS team building activity, our team decided to organize an opportunity to give back to our Veterans," said Michael Foley, materials engineer for lightweight systems. "We wanted to let them know we are grateful and have not forgotten the sacrifices they made."
Following the ceremony, the GSS group hosted a lunch celebration for the graduates at which time the veterans shared their service stories and experiences in the CWT Program. GSS thanked them for their service, congratulated the graduates on their accomplishment and wished them well as they transitioned back into the workforce.
- April 4, 2018Blanchfield, VA honor Vietnam War veterans during ceremony
- April 4, 2018RIA observes National Vietnam War Veterans Day
- April 3, 2018Screaming Eagles fly to San Mateo California: Celebrating 50 years of unit adoption
- April 2, 2018Soldier finds healing, support, and new mission from Army family during recovery
- April 2, 2018Highly decorated Vietnam vet to speak at RIA, share story of adversity, success
- April 2, 2018Dredging anticipated to start in spring 2018
- March 30, 2018Benelux communities celebrate spring with an eggstravaganza
- March 27, 2018Benning Soldiers advance in Army Trials to compete in Warrior Games
- March 23, 2018MSU-Europe pair advances to final day of grueling EFMB testing
- March 23, 2018The bells are coming to town: Easter traditions in Belgium
- March 22, 2018WWII veteran presented with France's highest decoration
- March 22, 2018Vietnam Vascular Registry helps combat veteran reunite with doctors
- March 21, 2018Former 10th Mountain Soldier, World War II veteran celebrates 100th birthday today with family
- March 16, 20188th TSC teams with ASBP for blood drive
- March 16, 20182018 Team Army members announced
- March 15, 2018'Warhorse' Brigade cases colors: 2IBCT deploys to Afghanistan