Department of the Army announces upcoming deployment
By Mr. Troy A Rolan Sr. (News Releases)March 2, 2016
WASHINGTON (March 2, 2016) -- The Department of the Army announced today the 3rd Cavalry Regiment, stationed at Fort Hood, Texas, will deploy to Afghanistan with about 1,000 personnel in the spring of 2016. This deployment is part of a regular rotation of forces in support of Operation Freedom's Sentinel.
"Since 1846, the 3rd Cavalry Regiment has answered when our Army has called. Now they are called again, to support the NATO-led Operation Freedom's Sentinel in Afghanistan," said Maj. Gen. John C. Thomson III, commander, 1st Cavalry Division. "The troopers of the regiment are well-trained, well-equipped, and most importantly well-led. They are absolutely ready for this important mission."
For more information on the 3rd Cavalry Regiment's deployment, contact Lt. Col. Sunset Belinsky, First Calvary Division Public Affairs Office at: email@example.com, 254-287-9398
- March 21, 2019Bradley Fighting Vehicle crew member shares his thoughts on gunnery and teamwork
- March 20, 2019Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
- March 19, 2019Welcome Home: These Ft. Campbell homecoming photos will melt your heart
- March 14, 20194-3rd ADA Soldiers gather new gear for deployment
- March 12, 2019Soldiers learn cutting-edge features on first shipment of JLTVs
- March 11, 20192nd Squadron, 1st Cavalry Regiment commemorates a successful deployment
- March 11, 2019Minnesota native earns Distinguished Service Cross
- March 11, 2019Upgrade to a Distinguished Service Cross: The Story of Sgt.(R) Daniel Cowart
- March 11, 20193rd Infantry Division Soldiers sign for first Joint Light Tactical Vehicles (JLTVs)
- March 6, 20193rd Brigade Conducts Combined Arms Live Fire Exercise, Proves Tactical Prowess, Combat Acumen
- February 11, 20193rd Recruiting Brigade hosts Operation Reserve Rush award ceremony