By Deputy Chief of Staff, G-4August 16, 2017
Son of an Army Combat Veteran, Non-Commissioned Officer, Mr. Bill Moore was appointed to the Senior Executive Service (SES) in October 2006 and is currently the HQDA Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, G4 (Tier 3), responsible for Army logistics plans, policy and programs. In this role, he serves as the Army's leading expert and foremost authority in logistics.
Previously, he served as the Deputy Chief of staff G-1/4 (Personnel, Logistics and Engineering), U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command (SES Tier 2). In this capacity, he is responsible for human resources, logistics, engineering, and integration of base support programs while administering diversity, medical, safety, and history functions in support of the Army Training & Doctrine Command.
Prior to that role, he served as the Deputy to the Commanding General of the Army's Combined Arms Support Command and Ft Lee (SES Tier 2), where he oversaw a 5000 person work force across ten states with a combined budget of more than $350 million, leading Army sustainment combat/training developments and annual training of more than 180,000 Soldiers, other Service Members and Civilians.
In all, his experience spans more than 30 years in the Army and includes personnel, engineering, logistics, force modernization, training, and leader development to include the following assignments:
• Aug 2016:- Present: Deputy Chief of Staff, G4, Headquarters Department of the Army, Washington, DC
• Jun 2015-Aug 2016: Deputy Chief of Staff, G1/4 (Personnel and Logistics), U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command, Ft Eustis, VA
• Nov 2006-Jun 2015: Deputy to the Commanding General of the Army's Combined Arms Support Command and Ft Lee, Ft Lee, VA
• Jan 2005-Oct 2006: Associate Deputy Program Manager for Supportability and Production, Future Combat System, Assistant Secretary of the Army (Acquisitions, Logistics and Technology), Washington, DC
• Apr 2003-Jan 2005: Deputy Director, Training and Doctrine Command Combat Service Support Battle Lab, Ft. Monroe, VA
• Jan 1999-Apr 2003: Deputy Director for Army Ordnance Capability Developments, Ft Lee, VA
• Oct 1994-Jan 1999: Division Chief, U.S. Army Combined Arms Support Command, Ft Lee, VA
• May 1994-Oct 1994: Commander's Technical Advisor for Space Operations, Training and Doctrine Command, Ft Monroe, VA
• May 1993-May 1994: Executive Assistant to the Army's Chief Scientist, Headquarters, Department of the Army, Washington, DC
• Mar 1983-May 1993: various engineering assignments, U.S. Army combat systems' modernization
• MS, National Resource Strategy, National Defense University's Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Ft McNair, Washington, DC, 2001
• MS, Management, Florida Institute of Technology, Melbourne, FL, 1992.
• BS, Mechanical Engineering, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA, 1982.
• Army Senior Executive Education Program, Darden School of Business, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, 2016
• Senior Executives in National and International Security, Harvard Kennedy School for Executive Education, Boston, Ma, 2015
• Army Strategic Leadership Development -- Advanced, Minneapolis, MN, 2011
• Army Senior Exec Education Course, Kenan-Flagler Business School, UNC, Chapel Hill, NC 2009
• Leadership at the Peak, Center for Creative Leadership, Colorado Springs, CO, 2009
• DoD Executive Development SES APEX Course, Washington DC, 2008
• Defense Leadership and Management Program (Graduate, April 2006)
• Senior Acquisition Course, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, June 2001
• Army Management Staff College, April 1996
• DoD Program Manager's Course, Defense Systems Management College, June 1990
AWARDS AND HONORS:
• Meritorious Civilian Service Award, 2015
• General Brehon Somervell Medal of Excellence in Army Sustainment, 2015
• Honorable Order of Saint Christopher, U.S. Army Transportation Corps, 2015
• Distinguished Order of Saint Martin, U.S. Army Quartermaster Corps, 2015
• Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Senior Executive Presidential Rank Award -- Meritorious Executive, 2011
• Multiple Superior Civilian Service Awards, Commander's Awards, etc
• Order of Samuel Sharpe, U.S. Army Ordnance Corps Association, 2003
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS:
• Association of the United States Army
• Richmond, VA, Management Roundtable, Board Member (group of business CEOs, University Presidents, and select Government Leaders who influence planning efforts)
• Commonwealth Center for Advanced Logistics Systems (CCALS), Board Member (key leaders from business, academia, and government focused on partnered efforts to improve logistics' systems)