Deputy Assistant Secretary for Plans, Programs and Resources - Mr. Thomas Mullins
May 8, 2012
What we do:
Serve as the Chief Financial Officer for the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics and Technology ASA(ALT), including Program Executive Officers and Direct Reporting Units. Additionally serves as the Combat Developer for the Acquisition community.
• Manage the resources that enable the development and procurement of weapon systems and equipment for our Warfighters.
• Administer the programming, allocation, and execution of funds for more than 650 acquisition programs.
• Administer all ASA(ALT) funding across the Future Year's Defense Plan.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders on the Research, Development, and Acquisition (RDA) section of the Army Modernization Plan, the Army Plan, the Quadrennial Defense Review and other key documents and reports.
• Provide program assessment and root cause analysis supporting acquisition programs and management.
• Co-chair both the Equipping and Sustaining Program Evaluation Groups.