Suicide prevention hotline now available in Europe
October 12, 2011
- Suicide prevention tools, resources
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Army.mil: Health News
- STAND-TO!: Suicide Prevention Month
- Military summit focuses on invisible wounds of war
- Behavioral health makes difference in Soldiers' lives
- JBLM Soldiers, civilians unite in battle against suicide
- Suicide prevention interactive role-play wakes up Soldiers
- Soldier saves friend from committing suicide
- Army.mil: Europe News
- VIDEO: "Shoulder to Shoulder: Finding Strength and Hope Together"
HEIDELBERG, Germany, Oct. 12, 2011 -- Installation Management Command Europe officials announced toll-free European access to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline and Veterans Crisis Line on Oct. 5.
All active-duty military, civilians, family members and contractors can reach the Lifeline by dialing DSN 118 from any Army garrison DSN phone or commercially via a toll-free European number, 00800-1273-TALK (8255).
The toll-free number can be dialed from fixed-line telephones and most cell phones in Germany, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom. The toll-free number may not be reachable from all prepaid cell phones and some cell phone callers may incur charges.
A live Internet-based chat service is also available at www.militarycrisisline.net.
All calls are confidential and will be answered by trained crisis counselors. If you, or someone you know, is considering suicide -- Get Help!