Humphreys' Job Fair provides avenue for employment
By Mrs. Sameria Zavala (Humphreys)October 17, 2019
CAMP HUMPHREYS, South Korea -- Hundreds of job seekers gathered for the Camp Humphreys Job Fair, Oct. 10, at the Morning Calm Conference Center.Vendors and organizations promoted their vacancies to more than 370 job-seeking members of the Humphreys community."This job fair is an opportunity for military members and spouses to network and hopefully obtain employment," said Eric Burton, the Army Community Services Employment Readiness program manager and coordinator of the job fair. "This event falls directly in line with the Camp Humphreys hiring initiative."The U.S. Army in Korea is making rapid improvements to improve spouse hiring in order to help make Korea the assignment of choice for Soldiers and their Families."I've been here six months and this is my second job fair," said Mariana Gomez, a spouse and job seeker. "It's an opportunity to see what's out there and I think it's very helpful. It's very difficult to find a job, you have to apply online and it takes a long time."At the job fair, interested applicants were able to interview on the spot for a position.
The Soldier For Life -- Transition Assistance Program used the event to inform service members of their options when leaving the military."Not only are we here to advertise to potential employees, we are also distributing information about our programs and to provide information to the community," said Jouana Mann, a SFL-TAP finance counselor. "We want to make sure we are fully staffed, so that we can support the influx of people relocating from Yongsan."Army Community Service holds at least two job fairs per year, in the spring and fall. For those interested in employment assistance, visit https://humphreys.armymwr.com/programs/employment-readiness-program or call 050-3357-2363/2372.
- October 30, 2020U.S. Army STAND-TO! | Army Medical Readiness
- September 24, 2020Army announces upcoming 1st ABCT, 3rd Infantry Division unit rotation
- December 5, 2019Army announces upcoming 2nd BCT, 1st Infantry Division unit rotation
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces upcoming 3rd ABCT, 1st Armored Division deployment
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces upcoming 3rd Infantry Division deployment
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces 1st Cavalry Division deployment
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division deployment