Department of the Army announces 1st Cavalry Division deployment
By U.S. Army Public AffairsMay 19, 2017
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the summer 2017 deployment of approximately 3,500 soldiers from the 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division, stationed at Fort Hood, Texas, to the Republic of Korea.
As part of the regular rotation of forces, the 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team will replace the 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division and support the United States Forces-Korea's commitment to our Republic of Korea partners.
"The Black Jack Brigade looks forward to returning to the Republic of Korea," said Col. Steve Adams, commander of 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division. "Our troopers are trained and ready for this vital mission, and we are honored to sustain and strengthen this longstanding strategic alliance."
For more information, contact the 1st Cavalry Division public affairs officer, Maj. Paul Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 254-287-9398.
- February 18, 20201-9 CAV Soldiers and European Allies Join Forces at CALFEX
- February 16, 20201st Cavalry Division and the Battle of Manila--75 Years Later
- February 14, 2020U.S. Ambassador to Lithuania Visits 1-9 CAV's Combined Arms Live Fire Exercise
- February 13, 2020USFK first ladies visit Area IV, promote hiring initiative
- February 4, 2020Security Assistance Partnership
- January 28, 20201st Infantry Division first to field new night vision equipment
- January 28, 20201-9 CAV Soldiers participate in Road of Life and Death run
- January 27, 2020Blackjack Brigade prepares for Combined Resolve XIII; tactical operations center assembly
- January 27, 2020'Head Hunters' join 101st Armed Forces Day celebration
- January 27, 2020In their own words: 1-12 Cav Soldiers reflect on recent APS-4 experience
- January 27, 2020'Headhunter' Soldiers bring Christmas spirit to local children
- January 27, 20201-9 CAV 'Headhunters' participate in trench clearing exercise
- January 24, 20201-9 CAV 'Headhunters' Soldiers participate in live fire range training