Department of the Army announces 1st Cavalry Division deployment
By U.S. Army Public AffairsMay 19, 2017
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the summer 2017 deployment of approximately 3,500 soldiers from the 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division, stationed at Fort Hood, Texas, to the Republic of Korea.
As part of the regular rotation of forces, the 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team will replace the 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division and support the United States Forces-Korea's commitment to our Republic of Korea partners.
"The Black Jack Brigade looks forward to returning to the Republic of Korea," said Col. Steve Adams, commander of 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division. "Our troopers are trained and ready for this vital mission, and we are honored to sustain and strengthen this longstanding strategic alliance."
For more information, contact the 1st Cavalry Division public affairs officer, Maj. Paul Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 254-287-9398.
- June 6, 2018Warriors learn WWI history, remember, and honor sacrifices
- June 4, 2018New era in housing begins at RIA as first family moves in
- June 4, 2018First Army Soldier brings realism to medic training
- June 3, 20181st Battalion, 25th Aviation Regiment cases colors for Korea rotation
- June 1, 2018Tankers reunite, remember, relive Desert Storm experiences
- May 30, 20181st AML Officer Speaks with Churchville Elementary "Patriots"
- May 30, 2018CENTENNIAL: Massive war led to massive growth, change at Fort Knox
- May 30, 2018Soldiers, first responders honored at annual Hooray for Heroes
- May 30, 2018Conquerors advise and assist the Iraqi Army Division
- May 29, 2018NASA set to launch first Army doctor into space
- May 29, 2018First Team participates in inaugural commemoration
- May 29, 2018401st Army Field Support Brigade issues first 'configured for combat' equipment set from APS-5
- May 29, 2018Ansbach-Illesheim Memorial Day Ceremony 2018
- May 25, 2018"I will not take off this uniform"
- May 23, 20182ABCT "Black Jack" mortars fire for effect
- May 23, 2018Natick leads first-of-its-kind, Soldier-readiness study