Department of the Army announces 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division deployment
By Army Public AffairsOctober 19, 2016
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the fall 2016 deployment of 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, from Fort Riley, Kansas, to the Republic of Korea with approximately 3,500 soldiers as part of the regular rotation of forces.
The 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team will replace the 1st Cavalry Division's 1st Brigade Combat Team to support the United States Forces-Korea's commitment to our Republic of Korea partners.
"I am exceptionally proud of the 1st Armored Brigade Combat team," stated Brig. Gen. Patrick D. Frank, deputy commanding general of the 1st Infantry Division. "The Devil brigade has proven themselves while conducting rigorous training during Danger Focus at home station and at the National Training Center. The leaders and soldiers of this great brigade are well-trained and fully prepared for this important mission to South Korea."
For more information on the 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team's deployment, contact Lt. Col. Kimeisha McCullum, 1st Infantry Division public affairs officer at: email@example.com, 785-239-3615.
- July 10, 2018Fort McCoy CIF, 86th Training Division partner to improve armor issuing process for CSTX
- July 9, 2018America's First Corps Run
- July 6, 20183-8 CAV Tests Readiness
- July 6, 2018Greywolf Continues Total Force Support through Summer Training
- July 6, 2018215th Tests new base defense tactics
- July 2, 2018First combat training capability enhances associated units pilot, joint relationships
- June 29, 2018Raider Best Medic
- June 28, 2018Soldiers, civilians complete WBAMC GME programs
- June 28, 2018Army electronic warfare prototypes reach first CONUS brigade
- June 28, 2018Aerial and ground medical training improves combat readiness
- June 28, 2018First-Ever 2ID/RUCD Battle Staff Course
- June 27, 20183rd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division goes to the National Training Center
- June 27, 20181st Lt. Mourns Soldier
- June 25, 2018Happy accident leads to career for 1st Infantry Division band commander
- June 25, 2018New Fort Riley director of human resources places customer service first
- June 25, 2018Fort Riley participates in The Wall That Heals