Department of the Army announces 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division deployment
By Army Public AffairsOctober 19, 2016
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the fall 2016 deployment of 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, from Fort Riley, Kansas, to the Republic of Korea with approximately 3,500 soldiers as part of the regular rotation of forces.
The 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team will replace the 1st Cavalry Division's 1st Brigade Combat Team to support the United States Forces-Korea's commitment to our Republic of Korea partners.
"I am exceptionally proud of the 1st Armored Brigade Combat team," stated Brig. Gen. Patrick D. Frank, deputy commanding general of the 1st Infantry Division. "The Devil brigade has proven themselves while conducting rigorous training during Danger Focus at home station and at the National Training Center. The leaders and soldiers of this great brigade are well-trained and fully prepared for this important mission to South Korea."
For more information on the 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team's deployment, contact Lt. Col. Kimeisha McCullum, 1st Infantry Division public affairs officer at: email@example.com, 785-239-3615.
- September 18, 2018Greywolf conducts Company STX
- September 18, 2018Greywolf Engineers conduct obstacle reduction training
- September 17, 2018Army materiel enterprise, industrial base surge to rebuild 'golden HETs'
- September 13, 2018Bulldog Brigade Infantry train to standard
- September 11, 2018Beaver Battalion Reduces Obstacles
- September 10, 2018Greywolf tests Army's first Electronic Warfare Tactical Vehicle
- September 6, 2018'Pacesetter' leads the way in Special Recruiter Assistance Program at Fort Riley
- September 6, 2018Master Sgt. Juan Negron: The 65th Infantry Regiment's 1st Medal of Honor recipient
- September 6, 20181st Cavalry armor, engineers bring the boom at Atlantic Resolve live fire exercise
- September 5, 20181st Armored Division celebrates its legacy during Torch Week
- August 30, 20181ABCT Soldiers to be welcomed home like never before in 3rd ID
- August 29, 2018First Army helps mobilize Guard for Poland
- August 21, 20181st Infantry Division's next century of service begins with Victory Week 2018
- August 16, 2018Rediscovering Fort Knox: Fort Knox celebrates first-ever Armored Conference with full fanfare one ye