Department of the Army announces 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division deployment
By Army Public AffairsOctober 19, 2016
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the fall 2016 deployment of 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, from Fort Riley, Kansas, to the Republic of Korea with approximately 3,500 soldiers as part of the regular rotation of forces.
The 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team will replace the 1st Cavalry Division's 1st Brigade Combat Team to support the United States Forces-Korea's commitment to our Republic of Korea partners.
"I am exceptionally proud of the 1st Armored Brigade Combat team," stated Brig. Gen. Patrick D. Frank, deputy commanding general of the 1st Infantry Division. "The Devil brigade has proven themselves while conducting rigorous training during Danger Focus at home station and at the National Training Center. The leaders and soldiers of this great brigade are well-trained and fully prepared for this important mission to South Korea."
For more information on the 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team's deployment, contact Lt. Col. Kimeisha McCullum, 1st Infantry Division public affairs officer at: email@example.com, 785-239-3615.
- May 11, 20181-46 Infantry Regiment helps Midland Middle School students focus on summer goals
- May 11, 2018'Iron Dragons' fire from the sky during gunnery training
- May 7, 2018Secretary of the US Army visits Fort Riley, meets with 'Big Red One' Soldiers, spouses, civilians
- May 7, 20182nd ABCT, 3rd ID, wins Sullivan Cup tank competition at Fort Benning
- May 3, 2018Armored Division Soldiers train on engine, vehicle repair
- May 2, 2018Two from 69th Infantry are New York Army Guard Best Warriors
- May 2, 2018Spartans compete at Soldier of the Year
- May 2, 2018703rd Maintainers Conduct BSA Live-Fire
- April 30, 20181st SFG (A) Soldiers Save a Korean Farmer's Life
- April 27, 20181-46th Infantry Regiment brings fitness to Midland Middle School
- April 25, 2018Newest ABCT plans to release "Hounds of Hell" at Sullivan Cup
- April 25, 2018Germans show support during largest tactical convoy on German roads
- April 23, 2018Ready First Evaluates Proposed Army Combat Readiness Test
- April 23, 20181st Stryker BCT evaluates proposed Army Combat Readiness Test
- April 23, 20181st ABCT Soldiers experience new approach to SHARP training
- April 20, 20185-7 CAV SPUR RIDE