PEO Aviation dining out "An Evening Under the Stars"
By PEO Aviation Public AffairsMay 24, 2018
PEO Aviation capped off a busy spring season in style May 18 with a dining out at the U.S Space and Rocket Center.Brig. Gen. Thomas Todd, program executive officer for Army aviation, hosted the event which provided an opportunity for members of the PEO Aviation workforce and their guests to gather in an atmosphere of camaraderie, good fellowship, fun and social rapport.The dining-out tradition is a relatively new military custom. It is similar in all respects to a dining-in, except the dining out includes military spouses and guests.The dining-in is a formal dinner function for members of a military organization or unit. It provides an occasion for officers, noncommissioned officers and Soldiers to celebrate the unique bond or cohesion that holds military units together.The more than 500 people who attended the PEO Aviation gala called "An Evening Under the Stars," were treated to a celebration that included entertaining skits, acknowledgment toasts and employee recognitions.The Sparkman High School Color Guard began the formal portion of the program with the presentation of the colors. The keynote address was provided by retired Maj. Gen. Tim Crosby, a former program executive officer for Army aviation who lead the organization from late 2008 until his retirement in early 2014.The night concluded with dancing to music provided by the band Livin' Big.
- June 3, 2020Aviation: Winning the fourth quarter
- June 2, 2020International program manager finds new life for old helicopters
- June 1, 2020PEO C3T welcomes new leader, Brigadier General Robert M. Collins
- June 1, 2020SPIKE missile tested, leveraging Foreign Comparative Testing program
- June 1, 2020Manda Bay, BMA name facilities for fallen service member
- May 29, 2020Camp Zama hosts Navy aviators from Atsugi
- May 27, 2020Improved Turbine Engine Fits the Army’s Most Versatile Platform; Test Marks Another Milestone
- May 27, 2020Rucker Lanes snack bar reopens for takeout orders
- May 27, 2020Aviation, Missile Center engineer honored by alma mater
- May 27, 2020In-flight Emergencies: How Will You Respond?
- May 26, 2020Army Aviation Upgrades the T700 Engine
- May 26, 2020Despite virus, 28th ECAB completes pre-deployment training
- May 24, 2020UAS repairers embody spirit of National Aviation Maintenance Technician Day
- May 20, 2020PEO M&S Pursues Modernization Undeterred by Pandemic
- May 12, 2020PM Close Combat Squad provides Guardsmen Situational Awareness in fight against COVID-19