Deputy to the Garrison Commander
Gregory A. HardingPrior to his assignment to Okinawa, Mr. Harding served as the civilian advisor to the Director General for Strategy in the Afghan Ministry of Interior while participating in the Department of Defense Ministry of Defense Advisors (MoDA) program; prior to that, he served as advisor to the Director General of the Afghan Uniform Police (AUP).
He retired from the U.S. Army after 31 years of service and in his last active duty assignment served as the senior U.S. Advisor to the Afghan Deputy Minister of the Interior (Security).
In his last two assignments prior to service in Afghanistan, Mr. Harding was assigned to the Republic of Korea-U.S. Combined Forces Command (CFC), where he served as both Commander of a combined Korean-American unit providing intelligence, signals and fire support to the Third Korean Field Army (TROKA) and as commander of Camp Yongin. Prior to that assignment, he served as Chief of the Engineer War Plans Division for CFC.
During most of his Army career, he was a combat engineer officer and served in airborne and mechanized infantry divisions as well as several corps level engineer brigades. His overseas service includes two tours in Germany, three in Korea, one in Pakistan, multiple deployments to the Middle East, southern Africa, and the former Soviet Union and participation in Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm and Operation Enduring Freedom.
His education includes a Master's degree in Defense and Strategic Studies from the National Defense University of Pakistan, a Master's in Operations, Plans, and Training from the Army Command and General Staff College, a Master's degree in Construction Management from the University of Florida, and a Bachelor's degree in General Engineering from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point. Awards include the Defense Superior Service Medal with Oak Leaf Cluster, the Legion of Merit with Oak Leaf Cluster, the Bronze Star Medal with Oak Leaf Cluster, and the Department of the Army Superior Civilian Service Award.
- July 3, 2020Army Corps to repair stilling basin at Foster J. Sayers Dam
- July 3, 2020Corps to Host Virtual Meeting on Youghiogheny River Lake Master Plan Revision
- July 3, 2020America’s Pacific Division hosts National Hiring Days event
- July 2, 2020Army’s FCT program expedites testing UAS engine
- July 1, 2020Pavement improvement project underway
- July 1, 2020Connecticut Guard's 250th MRBC conducts breach training
- June 30, 2020250th MRBC Conducts Breach Training
- June 30, 2020Army Reserve Nurse deploys to Saipan in Support of COVID-19 Response
- June 29, 20201/5 Aviation gunners qualify at Peason
- June 26, 2020Camp Zama Soldier takes pride in job as Army mechanic
- June 25, 2020Army Chief Warrant Officer reflects on Army career, benefits
- June 23, 2020Tropic Lightning Soldiers Adopt-A-Highway
- June 17, 2020Garrison Commander, Lt. Col. Morgan, reflects on Picatinny assignment