A Day in the Life
By Mr. Robert Timmons (IMCOM)April 19, 2018
Every at a group of educators from the Richland 2 School District visit Fort Jackson to witness what a day in the life of a drill sergeant is all about. A group did just that April 13.
The group started early with physical training then saw how trainees sleep, train and live.
In the afternoon, the group watched (and heard) as Bravo Company, 2nd Battalion, 13th Infantry Regiment trainees went through the Fit to Win 2 obstacle course.
Numerous trainees from the 2nd Platoon shouted words of encouragement to their battle buddies to help motivate them.
High school aged students on Fort Jackson go to schools in the Richland 2 School District.
- June 7, 2018Fort Jackson inducts four into post hall of fame
- June 7, 2018Jackson welcomes Wilson to the Garrison team
- June 7, 2018Fort Jackson celebrates 101 years of Victory Starting Here
- June 6, 20181st Special Forces Group (Airborne) Soldiers Host Washington State Special Olympics for Third Year
- June 6, 2018Out & About - Veneto and Tuscany - June 2018 (2)
- June 5, 2018Operation Cold Steel II's Task Force Triad finishes with thousands of Soldiers trained at Fort McCoy
- June 4, 2018Waianae Coast Disaster Readiness Fair: 2/25 IBCT helps the community get prepared
- June 4, 2018Fort Jackson hosts Strong Bonds Instructor Training Course
- June 1, 2018Memorial Day: Fallen veterans honored at Fort Jackson cemetery
- May 31, 2018Rediscovering Fort Knox: Post Cemetery resting place for POWs during, after World War II
- May 31, 2018Junior ROTC cadets get closer look at Army training
- May 31, 2018A reciprocal force for good: How two women's knitting charity helps Soldiers, the sick
- May 24, 2018Army, Fort Jackson honor retirees during event
- May 23, 20183rd ID bids farewell to two Army generals
- May 21, 20182-7 CAV provides OPFOR support to National Guard Partners
- May 18, 2018Los Angeles District inducts two into distinguished civilian employee cadre