A Day in the Life
By Mr. Robert Timmons (IMCOM)April 19, 2018
Every at a group of educators from the Richland 2 School District visit Fort Jackson to witness what a day in the life of a drill sergeant is all about. A group did just that April 13.
The group started early with physical training then saw how trainees sleep, train and live.
In the afternoon, the group watched (and heard) as Bravo Company, 2nd Battalion, 13th Infantry Regiment trainees went through the Fit to Win 2 obstacle course.
Numerous trainees from the 2nd Platoon shouted words of encouragement to their battle buddies to help motivate them.
High school aged students on Fort Jackson go to schools in the Richland 2 School District.
- January 18, 2019Former Fort Knox High School principal, superintendent remembered as gentle giant
- January 18, 2019Harlem Globetrotter legend reunites with Fort Jackson Family during local appearance
- January 18, 2019Jackson tries out new Army kicks
- January 18, 2019Every drop counts: Community blood drives to save lives in local community
- January 17, 2019VSR allows learning from modern battlefields safely
- January 17, 2019USAMPS creates new course focused on strangulation cases
- January 17, 2019Air Defense Artillery School debuts C-RAM trainers, classrooms
- January 17, 2019High School students get glimpse of virtual Stinger dome trainer
- January 16, 2019Fort Jackson helping people become 'losers'
- January 16, 2019Don't derail from the healthy track this year
- January 2, 2019Two More Years
- December 27, 2018D-2 conducts first THAAD missile redistribution exercise on Korean Peninsula
- December 21, 2018HOLIDAY BLOCK LEAVE: Fort Benning trainees depart for home
- December 21, 2018DONOVIANS ATTACK!: Fictional country invades Fort Benning, tests trainees
- December 20, 2018Very Merry: Jackson offers the Midlands an 'Army-style' gift
- December 20, 2018Woman wins Bataan Death March qualifier: a Fort Jackson first