A Day in the Life
By Mr. Robert Timmons (IMCOM)April 19, 2018
Every at a group of educators from the Richland 2 School District visit Fort Jackson to witness what a day in the life of a drill sergeant is all about. A group did just that April 13.
The group started early with physical training then saw how trainees sleep, train and live.
In the afternoon, the group watched (and heard) as Bravo Company, 2nd Battalion, 13th Infantry Regiment trainees went through the Fit to Win 2 obstacle course.
Numerous trainees from the 2nd Platoon shouted words of encouragement to their battle buddies to help motivate them.
High school aged students on Fort Jackson go to schools in the Richland 2 School District.
- October 16, 20184960th enhances readiness and cohesiveness during DRE Level II
- October 16, 2018Mission of mercy: MP recognized for his efforts in World War II
- October 12, 2018New book about Battle of Fallujah takes a look at 2-7 CAV involvement
- October 12, 2018'Look, Listen and Learn' Jackson firefighters host carnival for National Fire Prevention Week
- October 12, 2018Fort Jackson Families pull together to help mom attend son's graduation
- October 10, 2018World War II vet and Iron Soldier eyes 100th Birthday; reflects on service and family
- October 9, 2018Loud and Proud, Dream Team Leads Charlie, 2-1 ADA Launcher Platoon
- October 9, 2018E/2-1 ADA Wins 8A Award for Maintenance Excellence and Prepares for USARPAC Level Competition
- October 4, 2018'Live beyond tragedy' Vigil brings light to domestic violence
- October 4, 2018Courage and dedication: Fort Jackson observes Hispanic Heritage Month
- October 4, 2018Post gets look at new fitness test
- October 1, 2018Two contracting centers achieve full operational capability
- September 28, 2018Fort Jackson hosts 8-year-old author
- September 28, 2018Exercise tests Jackson's active shooter response
- September 28, 2018World War II veterans visit JFC Brunssum
- September 27, 2018CGSC adds two to International Hall of Fame