A Day in the Life
By Mr. Robert Timmons (IMCOM)April 19, 2018
Every at a group of educators from the Richland 2 School District visit Fort Jackson to witness what a day in the life of a drill sergeant is all about. A group did just that April 13.
The group started early with physical training then saw how trainees sleep, train and live.
In the afternoon, the group watched (and heard) as Bravo Company, 2nd Battalion, 13th Infantry Regiment trainees went through the Fit to Win 2 obstacle course.
Numerous trainees from the 2nd Platoon shouted words of encouragement to their battle buddies to help motivate them.
High school aged students on Fort Jackson go to schools in the Richland 2 School District.
- August 18, 20181st SFAB Commander earns 1st Star and Promotion to Brigadier General One Year After Activating New B
- August 17, 2018C Co. 2-10 hosts command team fitness session introducing new ACFT
- August 15, 2018405th Army Field Support Brigade command team visits APS- 2 Duelmen
- August 14, 201820th CBRNE Soldiers polish their skills in preparation for Prominent Hunt Exercise 18-2
- August 11, 2018Raider Brigade Soldiers from 2-23 Infantry in Eastern Afghanistan
- August 10, 2018America's I Corps host's two-day Stryker Warfighter Forum Leader's Summit
- August 9, 20182-2 SBCT Soldiers train for Wildfire Mission
- August 9, 2018Army trainees volunteer for study aimed at reducing Basic Combat Training injuries
- August 9, 2018Army Surgeon General makes house call on Fort Jackson
- August 8, 2018TACOM receives two LEAP awards
- August 7, 2018Two lives saved by USACE Buffalo District employees this summer
- July 28, 2018Two at a time
- July 26, 2018Fort Sill basic combat trainees unleash with K-9 unit
- July 12, 2018Fort Jackson Soldiers say goodbye to one of their own