173rd Airborne Brigade paratrooper dies in Italy (Follow up)
By 173rd Airborne Brigade Public AffairsJanuary 8, 2017
VICENZA, Italy -- A paratrooper assigned to the 173rd Airborne Brigade was found dead on January 6, 2017 at his off-post residence in Vicenza.Sgt. 1st Class John B. Owensby, 42, of Columbia, MD entered the military on Feb. 23, 2000 as a Health Care Specialist. He was assigned to Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 2nd Battalion, 503rd Infantry Regiment (Airborne) since May 9, 2014.
Owensby's awards and decorations include the Defense Meritorious Service Medal, Meritorious Service Medal, Army Commendation Medal, Army Achievement Medal and Parachutist's Badge, among others.
The incident is still under investigation by Italian and U.S. officials.
For further information, media should contact the 173rd Airborne Brigade Public Affairs office at +39 0444-66-4052.
- September 19, 2020Soldiers' Theatre presents first production to premiere for all Army Entertainment
- September 18, 2020SDDC’s 839th Transportation Battalion executes mission command of strategic seaport operation in Livorno, Italy
- September 17, 2020Light Up the Night walk raises suicide prevention awareness
- September 15, 2020Americans and Italians gather to remember 9/11.
- September 15, 20201st SFG (A) Soldiers connect with their history
- September 15, 20201st SFG (A) Soldiers conduct night-fire training
- September 15, 20201st SFG (A) Soldiers conduct high mobility training
- September 15, 2020Spartan Paratroopers Execute Joint Forcible Entry
- September 11, 2020President awards Medal of Honor to Army Ranger for hostage rescue
- September 11, 2020All American Paratroopers exemplify excellence in Army Leadership Schools
- September 11, 2020U.S. Army STAND-TO! | Medal of Honor for Sgt. Maj. Thomas P. Payne
- September 3, 2020USAG Italy recognizes National Preparedness Month
- August 27, 2020173rd Airborne tests 100% COVID-19 free after seven weeks in the field