Department of the Army announces upcoming 1st BCT, 101st Airborne Division unit rotation
By U.S. Army Public AffairsOctober 18, 2018
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the winter 2018 rotation to Iraq of the 1st Brigade Combat Team (BCT), 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) stationed at Fort Campbell, Kentucky.
The 1st Brigade Combat Team will replace 3rd Cavalry Regiment as part of a regular rotation of forces in support of Operation Inherent Resolve.
"The Bastogne Brigade and the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) have a rich history of expeditionary operations -- from the plains of Europe to the jungles and highlands of Vietnam -- and we are proud to continue this legacy by supporting Operation Inherent Resolve," said Col. Derek Thomson, 1st BCT commander. "Our soldiers are well trained and ready for this important mission. I am proud of all their hard work and commitment, and grateful for the support we've received from our families and the Fort Campbell community."
For more information contact the 101st Airborne Division public affairs officer, Maj. Martin Meiners, firstname.lastname@example.org, 270-798-3468.
- September 6, 2019Donations to blood program saves lives downrange
- September 6, 2019Greywolf Platoon STX
- September 4, 2019With two-day SHARP Forum, Fort Benning eyes next steps in curbing sexual assault
- September 3, 20191st Special Forces Group (Airborne) Soldier dies from wounds sustained in combat
- August 29, 2019Lifeliners' Brigade holds Change of Responsibility Ceremony
- August 28, 2019Soldiers partner with Vanderbilt University to create a new model for innovation
- August 26, 2019Building safe command climate combats sexual assault in workplace
- August 19, 2019'Not in my Squad' program changes to help prevent assault, harassment
- August 16, 2019Army commemorates 79 years of Airborne history
- August 16, 2019Army announces upcoming 2nd BCT, 1st Cavalry Division unit rotation
- August 16, 2019Army announces upcoming 3rd Security Force Assistance Brigade unit rotation
- August 16, 2019Army announces upcoming 10th Mountain Division Combat Aviation Brigade unit rotation
- August 14, 2019Lifeliners in the Field: 101st Sustainment Brigade Soldiers Train to Sustain for Eagle Talon II
- August 12, 2019Fort Benning to mark National Airborne Day with parachute jumps, Airborne School graduation
- July 30, 2019Leaning on your Partner
- July 24, 2019Iowa Red Bulls and 101st Airborne strengthen relationship