Department of the Army announces upcoming 1st BCT, 101st Airborne Division unit rotation
By U.S. Army Public AffairsOctober 18, 2018
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the winter 2018 rotation to Iraq of the 1st Brigade Combat Team (BCT), 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) stationed at Fort Campbell, Kentucky.
The 1st Brigade Combat Team will replace 3rd Cavalry Regiment as part of a regular rotation of forces in support of Operation Inherent Resolve.
"The Bastogne Brigade and the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) have a rich history of expeditionary operations -- from the plains of Europe to the jungles and highlands of Vietnam -- and we are proud to continue this legacy by supporting Operation Inherent Resolve," said Col. Derek Thomson, 1st BCT commander. "Our soldiers are well trained and ready for this important mission. I am proud of all their hard work and commitment, and grateful for the support we've received from our families and the Fort Campbell community."
For more information contact the 101st Airborne Division public affairs officer, Maj. Martin Meiners, email@example.com, 270-798-3468.
- July 1, 2019Day 5: 2019 XVIII Airborne Corps NCO and Soldier of the Year Competition
- June 28, 2019101st Airborne Division's "Strike" Brigade Welcomes New Commander
- June 28, 2019Strike Brigade Welcomes New Commander
- June 27, 2019Multinational Air Assault Planning Exercise Conducted at JMTG-U
- June 26, 2019HRC's CSM 'Team of Teams' Visits Screaming Eagles
- June 26, 2019Military Police conduct training with Alabama National Guard
- June 25, 2019Sustaining Safety: 716th Military Police Battalion conduct training with Alabama National Guard
- June 24, 2019Day one: 2019 XVIII Airborne Corps NCO and Soldier of the Year Competition
- June 21, 2019CBRN Range
- June 20, 2019RSA civilians get first-hand look at 101st Airborne
- June 18, 2019101st Airborne Division Supports 10th Mountain Division Warfighter Exercise at Fort Drum
- June 13, 2019101st Airborne Division and Fort Campbell Celebrate Army's 244th Birthday
- June 7, 2019101st Airborne Division hosts Annual "Franklin Rendezvous"
- June 1, 2019101st Airborne Division, Fort Campbell honor the past with 'Week of the Eagles'