WASHINGTON (Oct. 23, 2014) -- Recipients of the 2014 Secretary of the Army Energy and Water Management Awards have been announced.The annual awards program --in its 36th year -- recognizes installations, small groups and individuals from the Army, Army Reserve, and Army National Guard who make significant achievements in installation energy conservation and water management.Categories for the award include Energy Efficiency/Energy Management, Innovation and New Technology, Renewable/Alternatives, Water Conservation, and Demand Side Management/Load Shedding.The 2014 award recipients are:• Mr. Todd Dirmeyer -- Fort Hunter Liggett, Calif. (Individual)
• Mr. Bobby Lynn, Ms. Africa Welch-Castle, Mr. Edwin Frazier and Mr. Huey Keaton -- Fort Hood, Texas (Small Group)
• Mr. Gary Pacella, Mr. James Douglas and Ms. Gricel Robles -- Picatinny Arsenal, N.J. (Small Group)
• Mr. Craig Collins, Ms. Irene Beck, Mr. George Dill and Mr. Jose Gallegos -- White Sands Missile Range, N.M. (Small Group)
• Mr. Lawrence Michael Norton, Mr. William Irby, Mr. Robert Mackey, Mr. Wesley Malone, Ms. Lisa Harris, Mr. Jason Bray, Mr. Earl Johnson, Ms. Barbara Osterkamp, Mr. Bruce Forsberg, Mr. Andy Long and Ms. Margaret Simmons -- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Huntsville Center, Huntsville, Ala. (Small Group)
• Presidio of Monterey, Calif. (Installation)
• Fort Stewart, Ga. (Installation)
• Fort Carson, Colo. (Installation)Recipients will be formally recognized in a ceremony in the Pentagon Auditorium Wednesday, October 29, 2014, beginning at 1:30 p.m. EDT.Presenting the award on behalf of the Secretary of the Army will be the Honorable Katherine Hammack, assistant secretary of the Army for Installations, Energy and Environment.