Joint Munitions Command Hosts Senior Leader Forum
By Mr. Tony Lopez (AMC)June 13, 2014
ROCK ISLAND ARSENAL, Ill. -- The U.S. Army's Joint Munitions Command hosted a Senior Leader Forum here, June 10--12, to discuss current mission operations and prioritize command improvement initiatives.Brig. Gen. Kristin K. French, JMC commander, hosted the three-day forum to establish a course to achieve JMC's priorities and ammunition mission.JMC produces small-, medium- and large-caliber ammunition items for the Department of Defense. JMC is the logistics integrator for life-cycle management of ammunition and provides a global presence of technical support to U.S. combat units wherever they are stationed or deployed.The overall objective of the forum was to "discuss JMC's current operations and our way ahead," French said. This was JMC's first senior leader forum in nearly two years."We're going to have three buckets that we're going to focus on," said French. "Support to our outside customers; our best practices and efficiencies; and headquarters' reorganization."Military Commanders and Senior Civilian Executive Leaders from JMC's Headquarters in Rock Island and their 14 installations across the country had an opportunity to interact and share ideas on a path forward.
"The intent of this forum is to have people communicate and learn from each other," added French.
Discussions included identifying JMC's installations' strengths; current opportunities; the industrial base strategic plan; ammunition supply point updates and the status of current ammunition demilitarization.
- August 4, 2020W.Va. Guard highlights COVID-19 response for July
- July 29, 2020NY Guard logistics Soldiers hone airdrop resupply skills
- July 28, 2020Crane Army Modernizes Demilitarization Operation with Robotics
- July 24, 2020Advisory board provides Fort Campbell housing residents forum for improved communication
- July 24, 2020Top dog training: Field feeding equipment integral part of Rakkasan contest
- July 24, 2020The U.S. Army Audit Agency is currently accepting applications for GS-511-13 Senior Auditors
- July 22, 2020From the Editors
- July 21, 20204960th MFTB Conducts Quality Training in COVID-19 Environment
- July 17, 2020Forum Builds a Culture of Trust with All Soldiers
- July 16, 2020Leaders see data as ‘ammunition’ in future warfare
- July 16, 2020Army seeks environmentally friendlier ammunition
- July 16, 2020599th Trans. Bde, Navy, Coast Guard, contractor team uploads Marine Corps ammo for PTA
- July 10, 2020PHCE’s Laboratory Sciences Division leads the way in Department of Defense COVID-19 Surveillance Testing
- July 9, 2020Construction begins for DGRC relocation