Spotlight on ... Staff Sgt. Fernando D. Ramirez
By U.S. ArmyMarch 20, 2014
Staff Sgt. Fernando D. Ramirez
Contracting Noncommissioned Officer
919th Contingency Contracting Battalion, Fort Bliss, TexasDescribe your current position.
I serve as a contracting NCO for the 637th Contingency Contracting Team in the 919th Contingency Contracting Battalion. I provide contracting support in garrison for the Mission and Installation Contracting Command Fort Bliss in support of the 1st Armored Division and the Fort Bliss military community.Describe your passion for your job.
I possess a self-driven attitude concerning my job and I'm passionate about providing the best product to the Soldiers and the community. I truly believe in our motto, contracting for Soldiers. This is what I love and this is what I do. There is no greater sense of pride as a 51C (military contracting NCO) than knowing that I did everything within my capability to take care of the war fighter.Tell us more.
I'm originally from Nicaragua and my extended family resides in Miami, Fla. I have been married for 16 years, my wife and I have a beautiful daughter, Sophia. I enjoy outdoor activities; soccer, hiking and traveling are on the top of my list. I also enjoy family-oriented activities such as grilling and sharing good food with family and friends.How does your job support the Soldier?
My job supporting the war fighter mission is ensuring the delivery of quality products and services, on time and at a reasonable cost.What would you like others to know about you?
I'm a very friendly and dependable person. Family, loyalty, optimism and perseverance are some principal values that are significant in my everyday life.
- August 7, 2020Fort Bliss SRU Helps Soldier Beat Tough Injury Suffered in Somalia
- July 30, 2020MICC contracting team dives in to support Army engineer detachment
- July 29, 2020Non-commissioned Officers Stay Close, While Physically Distant
- July 29, 2020902nd CBN provides critical pre-deployment training
- July 29, 2020To lead and direct: 1st Armored Division change of command
- July 29, 20201st Armored Division bids farewell to British deputy commanding general
- July 28, 2020414th Contract Supporting Brigade Soldier to compete in AMC Best Warrior Competition
- July 24, 20203 MICC contracting offices combine virtual outreach to industry
- July 23, 2020A Test of Excellence: 1st Armored Division’s Best Warrior Competition 2020
- July 23, 2020418th CSB uncases colors marking return home
- July 22, 2020Albuquerque Native Wins Army Band Soldier of the Year
- July 22, 2020Update: Contracting outreach seeks to expand small business pool
- July 21, 2020ON CONTRACTING: AVOID BRIDGES TO NOWHERE
- July 21, 2020ACQUISITION “SOUND BITE” VIDEOS SIMPLIFY CONTRACTING CONCEPTS