CAMP HUMPHREYS, South Korea -- On Nov. 7, 2017 the 'Mighty 65th' made history as Col. Wendy Harter, 65th Medical Brigade commander and Brigade Command Sgt. Maj. Todd Garner were joined by soldiers, KATUSAs, Headquarters and Headquarters Company civilians and brigade staff at an uncasing ceremony of the brigade colors taking command and control of their new home at U.S. Army Garrison-Humphreys.

This historical relocation of the brigade headquarters as part of the Eighth U.S. Army transformation to USAG-Humphreys plays a vital role in strengthening and bonding the U.S./Republic of Korea alliance.

"It is [heartbreaking] we left U.S. Army Garrison-Yongsan from our 1909 Japanese prison occupation buildings and assumed command and control of a new modern state of the art headquarters facility," said Harter.

"As Pyeongtaek is becoming the center of the U.S./ROK alliance, the brigade will continue to sustain readiness and unity of effort with unmatched medical capabilities on a new medical campus and ensuring our health service support mission and force health protection mission will continue across the peninsula," continued Harter.

The 65th Medical Brigade was constituted on Oct. 18, 1927, in the regular Army as the 15th Medical Regiment. The brigade went through several activations and re-activations before in became the 65th Medical Brigade on Oct. 16, 2008.

The colors of the brigade represent not only the heritage of the unit, but also the unity and loyalty of its Soldiers. The colors are the commander's symbol of authority, representing her responsibilities to the organization.

Presently, the 65th Medical Brigade is comprised of several units: Headquarters, Headquarters Company, 121st Combat Support Hospital, 168th Multifunctional Medical Battalion, 618th Dental Command Area Support, 106th Veterinary Detachment and U.S. Army Medical Materiel Center-Korea.