MACH offers school physicals
July 20, 2011
FORT JACKSON, S.C. -- Moncrief Army Community Hospital is offering back-to-school and sports physicals Aug. 2-11 for TRICARE Prime family members, ages 4 to 18.
Because schools have varying requirements, parents are asked to take the appropriate school forms and the family member’s immunization records to the physical appointment. Forms for specific schools are available through the school districts. In order to expedite the process, parents should ensure forms are completed prior to the appointment.
Local school district websites are:
* Kershaw: www.kershaw.k12.sc.us
* Lexington 1: www.lexington1.net
* Lexington 2: www.lex2.sc.us
* Lexington 5: www.lex5.k12.sc.us
* Richland 1: www.richlandone.org
* Richland 2: www.richland2.org
According to South Carolina guidelines, the following immunizations are required:
* Four doses of diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis (DPT); with one dose given after the fourth birthday
*Two doses of haemophilus (Hib)
* Two doses of Hepatitis A (Hep A)
* Three doses of Hepatitis B (HepB)
* Two doses of measles, mumps and rubella (MMR)
* Three doses of polio (IPV); with one dose being given after the fourth birthday
* Two doses of varicella (VAR)
Physicals will be completed at the Moncrief Medical Home at 1021 Pinnacle Point Drive, Suite 200. Parents may also call 751-CARE (2273) to schedule a regular appointment with their primary care managers.