Corpus Christi Army Depot prepares for potential budget cuts
By Lee Sausley, KRIS-TVFebruary 19, 2013
CORPUS CHRISTI - If Congress and the White House can't reach an agreement on how to end the current budget stand off, automatic spending cuts will kick in March 2nd.
The military is already bracing for huge cutbacks and U.S. defense workers like those at the Corpus Christi Army Depot could be facing furloughs or even layoffs.
But the commander of CCAD says anything is possible. However, he also says the depot generated 1.6 billion dollars in revenues last year.
"We did that with 18-percent less people and hours than we did in 2010 and not only that, our excess materials have been reduced in the millions," said Colonel Christopher Carlile.
Those are some impressive numbers, but will it be enough to protect the depot from the coming budget storm? We'll have more in a special report tonight on KRIS 6 News at Ten.
See video news segment in Related Links.
- August 16, 20188TH Ordnance Company Gains Experience at Blue Grass Army Depot
- August 16, 2018Projects redefine landscape, breathe life into older structures
- August 14, 2018U.S. Army Garrison Japan preps for Full Scale Exercise
- August 14, 2018USAG RP leaders visit Germersheim, Coleman
- August 13, 2018Youth volunteers spend summer at BAMC
- August 8, 2018Tobyhanna performs depot-level repairs on Army detection system
- August 8, 2018Playful upgrades at ANAD's CDC
- August 8, 2018ANAD boasts machining expertise
- August 3, 2018Letterkenny Army Depot completes 72nd Avenger in support of deterrence mission in Europe
- August 3, 2018Army applauds FY19 NDAA passage
- July 25, 2018Soldiers spend the day playing with kids at Kuwait hospitals
- July 25, 2018CCAD welcomes new commander, retires another
- July 24, 2018Depot fosters decades-long community service effort
- July 23, 2018Depot singles out employees who push the envelope
- July 18, 2018Red River welcomes York as 42nd Commander, bids farewell to Carrico
- July 2, 2018Tooele Army Depot welcomes 38th Depot commander in change of command ceremony