'Hail to the Chief'
By Public AffairsNovember 29, 2006
Spc. Aldon Kelly and Pfc. Christina L. Wilson, both from 71st Chemical Company, 8th Theater Sustainment Command, greet President George W. Bush during his 16-hour stopover in Honolulu, which began Monday.Kelly and Wilson were recent honor and distinguished honor graduates, respectively, of the Warrior Leader Course at Schofield Barracks.About 300 Soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines dined with the president, First Lady Laura Bush, and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice at the Hickam Air Force Base Officers' Club. The breakfast followed a briefing from senior military officers.The president said, "You are doing a really important job," and then thanked military personnel for their service "on behalf of a grateful nation."Afterwards, he headed back to Washington, concluding his eight-day trip to Asia.
- September 11, 2020U.S. Army STAND-TO! | Medal of Honor for Sgt. Maj. Thomas P. Payne
- May 19, 2020Oro Valley resident selected as Civilian Aide to the Secretary of the Army
- April 26, 2020Statement from the Secretary of the Army, Honorable Ryan D. McCarthy
- March 5, 2020Howard resident selected as Civilian Aide to the Secretary of the Army
- March 5, 2020Shreveport resident selected as Civilian Aide to the Secretary of the Army
- March 5, 2020Madison resident selected as Civilian Aide to the Secretary of the Army
- September 25, 2019Army announces proposed changes to eligibility criteria for burial at Arlington National Cemetery
- September 12, 2019Military leaders meet with privatized housing company executives
- September 12, 2019New Civilian Aides to the Secretary of the Army invested
- September 12, 2019List invested as new Civilian Aide to the Secretary of the Army
- September 12, 2019US Army reaches $1 billion milestone
- September 12, 2019Pentagon Hall of Heroes Induction Ceremony for Lt. Col. Charles S. Kettles
- September 12, 2019Signal regiment honors Hollywood director