DALLAS – Almost two weeks before the new release “Elvis” hits movie theaters in the U.S., the Army & Air Force Exchange Service and Warner Brothers will bring a military-exclusive screening of the film to Fort Knox and more than 20 other Army posts and Air Force bases.
Besides Fort Knox, the June 11 free showings will also occur at the following Exchange Reel Time Theater locations:
- Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar
- Ali Al Salem Air Base, Kuwait
- Aviano Air Base, Italy
- F.E. Warren Air Force Base
- Fort Huachuca
- Fort Irwin
- Fort Jackson
- Fort Leonard Wood
- Fort Polk
- Fort Rucker
- Goodfellow Air Force Base
- Grand Forks Air Force Base
- Kadena Air Base, Okinawa, Japan
- Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany
- West Point U.S. Military Academy
- Lackland Air Force Base
- Malmstrom Air Force Base
- Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe, Belgium
- U.S. Army Garrison Humphreys Family and Troop locations, South Korea
- U.S. Army Garrison Wiesbaden, Germany
- Vilseck (Rose Barracks), Germany
- Yokota, Japan
The Baz Luhrmann film stars Austin Butler and Tom Hanks and explores the life and music of Elvis Presley through his complicated relationship with his enigmatic manager, Col. Tom Parker. “Elvis” will be released in U.S. theaters on June 24.
“‘The King’ is likely the most famous singer to have served our Nation, so this free screening should be especially meaningful,” said the Exchange’s Director/CEO Tom Shull. “It is truly an honor to partner with Hollywood’s biggest movie studios to bring exclusive advanced showings like this to the communities the Exchange is honored to serve.”
This is the second free screening of a major motion picture at Reel Time Theaters this year, after the Channing Tatum movie “Dog” in February.
Fort Knox moviegoers can follow the local Exchange Facebook page HERE for more information on “Elvis” show times and ticket reservations.