Army announces new Aviation Incentive Pay rates
By U.S. Army Public AffairsJanuary 31, 2020
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the implementation of the new Aviation Incentive Pay (AvIP) rates to stay competitive with the civilian aviation industry.Aviation incentives are special pays above base pay to ensure aviators are ready and available for flight duty, regardless of unit of assignment. These rates became effective January 1, 2020."The Army understands the high demands on the aviation force and their families. This increase in AvIP, the first for Army pilots in over 20 years, will result in an increase of pay for most pilots in the regular Army, Army National Guard, and Army Reserves," said Maj. Gen. David J. Francis, U.S. Army Aviation Center of Excellence and Fort Rucker commanding general. "This adjustment is just one of many efforts underway to maintain aviation readiness and ensure support to the joint force."AvIP provides long-term financial incentives to remain medically and professionally qualified for flight. The rates have not increased since 1999 and what used to equal almost 25 percent of a pilot's base pay declined to approximately 11 percent. The new AvIP rates, with some levels at the maximum allowed by law, combined with the recently approved 3.1 percent pay raise, provide the largest annual pay raise for Army pilots in recent history.
For questions about this release contact Jason Waggoner, Office of the Chief of Public Affairs, at 703-697-7592 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- May 22, 2020Fort Rucker, USAACE CG rescinds General Order No. 1, issues GO2
- May 21, 2020Godman Army Airfield installs new state-of-the-art lighting on heels of need for modern wiring
- May 21, 2020‘Vipers’ show combat capabilities through training flight mission
- May 19, 2020Growing tomorrow’s Army space operations officers
- May 18, 2020Aviation modernization on track despite COVID-19
- May 13, 2020Marne Air maintains readiness amid COVID-19 pandemic
- May 13, 2020Sergeant Major Roy W. Sullivan, Jr.
- May 13, 2020Patrick H. Mason, SES
- May 12, 2020Contract approach to Fort Meade base operations boosts competition
- May 11, 2020Iowa Army National Guard Soldiers assist local mobile food pantry
- May 11, 2020Wisconsin aviator’s training innovation gaining attention
- May 9, 2020Libby Air Tanker Base ready to support wild fire season
- May 8, 2020NC National Guard helps distribute food during COVID-19 pandemic
- May 8, 2020SAMD performance stays on track amid COVID-19 measures
- May 8, 202028th ECAB Soldier a nurse for COVID-19 patients