Battle Group Poland participates in epic 'Tank Battle'
By 1st Lt. Kealy MoriartyJuly 16, 2019
BEMOWO PISKIE, Poland -- Service members from NATO's enhanced Forward Presence Battle Group Poland partnered with the host nation and participated in the annual "Tank Battle" event at the Bemowo Piskie Training Area, Jul. 13.The event consisted of military representation from the United States, Poland, Croatia, Romania, and the United Kingdom and included festival activities, vehicle displays and a series of joint force demonstrations from the nations.This is the largest military appreciation event in Poland with over 10,000 locals in attendance and more than 30 multinational armored combat vehicles on display.
During the demonstration portion of the event, U.S. Bradleys and M1 Abrams simulated a battle alongside their allied counterparts- the Polish Leopards, PT-91s and BWP-1s. The event even featured MEDIVAC procedures simulations from the Polish HINDs helicopters.At the end of the day, this event provided the Battle Group another opportunity to interact with the Polish locals and demonstrate their ability to work side-by-side for any training capacity.Battle Group Poland is comprised of U.S., Croatian, Romanian, and U.K. Soldiers and works alongside host nations' 15th Mechanized Brigade as a deterrence force in northeast Poland.
- July 15, 2020Once an Olympic hopeful, Army captain finds victory in nursing
- July 15, 2020Liberian perseveres, becomes Oklahoma National Guard captain
- July 15, 2020U.S. Army North ready to battle COVID-19 after busy spring
- July 13, 2020Total Army sponsorship helps ease transition for Soldiers and families
- July 13, 2020PTSD battlefield: Former Soldier fights to win battles in head, heart
- July 13, 2020Disposal specialists surge to support Army readiness in NY
- July 10, 2020Army Reserve unit in Poland a dream team that gets the job done
- July 8, 2020WAHC showcases courage, selflessness against COVID-19
- July 6, 2020Garrison celebrates nation’s independence with drive-in fireworks event
- July 3, 2020America’s Pacific Division hosts National Hiring Days event
- July 2, 2020Virtual recruiting event eyes diverse talent
- June 25, 2020FORSCOM Frontline
- June 23, 2020Protecting the protectors: Reservist on front lines helps contain COVID-19 spread
- June 22, 2020Polish, US joint exercise Allied Spirit successfully concludes in Poland
- June 12, 2020Reserve unit improves quality of life for NATO troops