EAD is fun, food, family
By Anniston Army Depot Public AffairsJuly 11, 2019
ANNISTON ARMY DEPOT, Ala. -- The depot's leadership showed its thanks to the installation's more than 3,000 employees June 28 with several hours filled with food, fun and prizes.
More than $31,000 in donations from sponsors provided the prizes, food and activities for participants.
Approximately $8,000 in prizes were given away during the closing ceremony at the main stage. Another $5,500 in competition prizes and other giveaways went to attendees throughout the day.
Numerous local restaurants participated in the event, donating their time and products to feed the large crowd milling throughout ANAD's MWR area.
The event stretched from the Physical Fitness Center, which housed the car show and other competitions, through the Pathways facilities to the DeSoto Pastime Center and DeSoto Entertainment Center.
Much of the day's activities could be found in the Pathways area - from the food stations to the main stage, the sponsor tents and displays to a massage station and the kid zone.
The DPC and DEC housed board games, displays from the Museum Support Center and an animal show provided by the Anniston Museum of Natural History.
The day was hot, with a high of about 90 degrees, but hydration stations and buildings housing activities gave participants and their family members ample opportunities to cool off.
- August 13, 2019Train to lead: ROTC, USMA Cadets train with Fort Carson units
- August 9, 2019National Night Out builds stronger community bonds
- August 8, 2019Fort Sill welcomes new Medical Department Activity commander
- August 8, 2019Public Health Activity - Italy holds a change of command ceremony
- August 7, 2019Crane Army Ammunition Activity employee cause of death
- August 7, 2019Triad Tuesday Walks step up Camp Zama activity
- August 6, 2019New Culinary Outpost food truck will help fuel the force at Fort Drum
- August 1, 2019Camp Zama youths 'blast off' for weeklong Vacation Bible School
- July 25, 2019Hot classics, cool rides take center stage
- July 25, 2019'STICKING TO IT' - Workshop combines fun and planning
- July 23, 2019Providing the food that fuels the Army's main resource
- July 17, 2019Fort Drum BOSS readies for another filthy, fun outing at the Mountain Mudder
- July 1, 2019Public Health Activity-Italy conducts joint public health sanitary food audits with Israeli Defense
- June 24, 2019Employees invited to a day of food, fun, prizes