EAD is fun, food, family
By Anniston Army Depot Public AffairsJuly 11, 2019
ANNISTON ARMY DEPOT, Ala. -- The depot's leadership showed its thanks to the installation's more than 3,000 employees June 28 with several hours filled with food, fun and prizes.
More than $31,000 in donations from sponsors provided the prizes, food and activities for participants.
Approximately $8,000 in prizes were given away during the closing ceremony at the main stage. Another $5,500 in competition prizes and other giveaways went to attendees throughout the day.
Numerous local restaurants participated in the event, donating their time and products to feed the large crowd milling throughout ANAD's MWR area.
The event stretched from the Physical Fitness Center, which housed the car show and other competitions, through the Pathways facilities to the DeSoto Pastime Center and DeSoto Entertainment Center.
Much of the day's activities could be found in the Pathways area - from the food stations to the main stage, the sponsor tents and displays to a massage station and the kid zone.
The DPC and DEC housed board games, displays from the Museum Support Center and an animal show provided by the Anniston Museum of Natural History.
The day was hot, with a high of about 90 degrees, but hydration stations and buildings housing activities gave participants and their family members ample opportunities to cool off.
- October 11, 2019Fort Benning to hold Oktoberfest, three days of German food, music, fun for kids, adults
- October 10, 2019Tailgating, food part of the Army Football experience
- October 9, 2019'Fall Festival' at Sagami Depot brings together U.S., Japanese communities
- October 1, 2019Seeking help is a sign of strength
- September 30, 2019NY Army National Guard cooks shooting for top Army Guard prize
- September 30, 2019Army depot partners with Marine Corps to upgrade mobile radar system
- September 26, 2019New CECOM Employees Tour Tobyhanna Depot in Revamped Tour
- September 26, 2019Sierra Army Depot team improves IED detection
- September 25, 2019Crane containers fulfill ammo enterprise needs
- September 24, 2019WSMR revives authentic Oktoberfest celebrations
- September 24, 2019Depot transitions strategic plan to Toby 2028
- September 23, 2019Aggressive depot repair capability improves readiness
- September 19, 2019Learning through fun at the JBSA "We Care Carnival"
- September 19, 2019Depot achieves ISO 45001